Olympus extended warranty $29

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Art, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    • Like Like x 4
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks for posting this, Art! Do you know if it only applies to certain bodies? I am wondering because Oly sells a 2 year for $79 on their website. A great deal, maybe (and I did have good luck with Cameta and an E-P2 body purchase), but wonder how the price can be so much different.

3. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    Will it work with the E-P3?

The description states that it is for E-P1, E-P2, E-PL1 Micro Four Thirds Digital Cameras.

Do you think it would work for E-P3 also? The product is available from July 2010. Maybe they forgot to update the description?

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    You have over 20k clicks on your E-PL2? :eek:

5. leonberdi

leonberdi Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    Montreal
    wow... this deal looks great! Thanks for posting Art!

6. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Mine was refurbished. Does this work for me?

Edit: reading is fundamental:

Think I might jump on it, seeing as how I only have 90 days to begin with.

Edit again:

But it won't cover the lens, right? It says that it only covers the lens when the warranty is purchased "with the camera", but what does that even mean?

7. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    I just reread it, and what it is saying is that the kit lens is covered if the lens is purchased at the same time as the camera, not if the warranty is purchased at the same time.

8. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I gotta think this is only for 2 series and older.

9. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
  10. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Yep, it's product # 260961 which covers any Olympus m43 body. It's just that Amazon's description is not updated to reflect new models.
    FYI, B&H Photo sells same warranty for $49
    MSRP on Olympus website is $79.

11. leonberdi

leonberdi Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    Montreal
    I live in Canada, and shipping would be another $10. Do you guys think it's worth it for me to pick this up? I normally cringe at paying for extended warranties, but for some reason the low price here for two years may justify the cost.

I wonder why it can't be emailed... Isn't the registration all done online anyway?

12. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yes... this would still be worth it. The free tune up alone makes it worth it even if you never have to use the warranty for repairs. I bought a similar extended warranty from Pentax for my K-5. I may pick one up for my E-PM1.

• Like Like x 1