Olympus Europe cashback offers summer 2015

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by alan1972, May 12, 2015.

1. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    I have just got an email from Olympus about their summer 2015 promotions. In my case these relate to Spain but it looks like similar promotions are available in many European countries - full details for each country here:
    Olympus Summer Special

The offers for Spain (full details here) are:
    100 euro cashback on buying an E-M10
    150 euro on the m.Zuiko 9-18mm
    150 euro on the m.Zuiko 14-140mm II
    125 euro on the m.Zuiko 75-300mm
    50 euro on the m.Zuiko 45mm

The Spain page I linked above also has an offer for buying an E-M1: trade in any old camera and receive 200 cashback and a free HLD-7 grip. Unlike the others listed above, I can't find any more details of how to claim this one or whether other conditions apply - they do say the old camera can be any model.

Edited after posting to add:
    This applies to purchases from today until the end of August. Terms and conditions in English are here. One of the key terms is this:
    This bonus-promotion is limited to new Products which have to be purchased and claimed in one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and residents of one of the listed countries. Furthermore participants are required to have a valid bank account in the country of purchase.
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    Guess it won't work for those of us in North America who bought the 45mm from amazon.co.uk? They're asking for a "sort code" for the direct deposit, which looks different from the routing numbers that are used in the states.
  3. Dragos101

Dragos101 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2015
    Bucharest, Romania
    The campaign documents specifically state that this doesn't apply to international purchases. You have to be a resident a have a valid bank account in the country the purchase was made.
    With this cashback I could've gotten the O45 I also recently bought from Amazon UK at basically the same price, and get it locally without the shipping delay. Oh well...
  4. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

The UK offers:

• M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 (£30 bonus)
    • M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II (£100 bonus)
    • M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9‑18mm 1:4.0‑5.6 (£120 bonus)
    • M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14‑150mm 1:4.0‑5.6 II (£120 bonus)
    • OM-D E-M10 (£75 bonus)
  5. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Hmm maybe its time to get that e-m10...
  6. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    It only applies to purchases made from today too. I bought my Oly 45mm on Saturday so I can't make a claim either, but then it's only a £10 difference between the price I paid on Saturday and the price I'd get it for today after cashback, and tbh I'd rather not have the hassle of making an online claim for the sake of £10.

If I hadn't bought the lens though, an EM-10 would be in my cart already. £304, now that's a good offer.

7. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

The 75-300mm lens is a tempting deal though, after Cashback the lens would be £259 if bought via Amazon.
  8. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Yes, I'm looking at the 75-300 too....
  9. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    I'm sorely tempted by the 75-300, but then I hardly ever use my 45-200, I just don't "need" that FL often. Must resist!