1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus EPL-7 Raw files

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jorgetalko, Mar 18, 2015.

1. jorgetalko

jorgetalko Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    I can´t open or view the ORF files form this camera in windows viewer.
    I up date de microsoft codecs and I can see the files form my OMD-5 but not the new ones form the smal epl7
    ¿Any idea?

2. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    I guess microsoft is not update it fast enough, I remember window viewer couldn't open the em10 RAW file even em10 has been out for 5 months.

3. sootyvrs

sootyvrs Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2015
    David
    I use Fastone Image Viewer 4.6 and works with E-PL7 raw files... I think it's a freeware download if I recall (latest version is 5.3)

4. jorgetalko

jorgetalko Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Thank you. I currently use fastone, but I guess why I can view OMD-5 images and not EPL-7. Diferente ORF tastes?

5. jorgetalko

jorgetalko Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    This is the Olympus Oficial answer:

Thank you for contacting Olympus Technical Support.

Please note that at this time, RAW file support for these files natively in Windows is not supported, as this camera is too recent. It is up to Microsoft to update their codec pack support the latest cameras that come out, but they have not released one in a while. To see the latest one available, and for more information, including the supported cameras, please go to the following web pages:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-do-i-view-raw-pictures

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26829

If you require additional assistance please reply to this email leaving the complete history intact.

Best Regards,

Technical Support
    Olympus America Inc.
    Consumer Products Group

6. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

Over the years, I have used Fast Stone to view images that can't be opened in other applications. Windows must be updated to see newer cameras' Raw files, as must Camera Raw, Photoshop and Lightroom. Fast Stone seems to read anything.