Olympus EPL-5 Help

ATBPhotos

New to Mu-43
I purchased a non working EPL-5 on eBay when it arrived I quickly realized that the only thing wrong was the screen. After ordering a new screen and disassembling it the green chip under the screen became slightly damaged during repair. Is there anyone here who knows where I can find a replacement screen chip. I really don’t want to send it to Olympus to repair because it will be $180.

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
I know the little circuit board you are referring to, and it will be exclusive to the PL-5 and Pl-6. I am guessing one of the retainer clips has broken.
Not sure where you are based, but options are limited. You might be able to pick up a complete spare rear section on eBay. Or go to one of the independent Olympus repairers and see if they will sell you the board. In the UK it would be someone like Luton Cameras, but do not know anyone in the US. Roberts Cameras, perhaps.

speak of the devil....
@ATBPhotos , not only I currently have a VF-4 for sale but my white E-PL5 developed IBISitis and I could give it away in a combo sale if you are into mix & matching parts - it works perfectly besides the IBIS stuck X-axis disabling IBIS altogether..
PM me if interested

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom