Olympus EP-3 : Can I not assign any of the two dials to change the ISO directly ?

reggaerahul

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Rahul Rege
Hi,

I have an EPM2 and love it and recently picked up an used EP3 from this forum. The camera is great and sturdy. However, I was expecting that in 'A' mode, I can assign the round dial below to directly change the ISO but I cannot do that, unless someone is aware. I need to assign it to right or down key and then rotate the wheel. Which is fine but I am wondering why any of the dials cannot be assigned to ISO, which is like one of the widely changed parameter. The Fn1 and Fn2 also does not have a provision to assign to ISO. Bit disappointing..

Thanks
Rahul

Klorenzo

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Lorenzo
Sorry I can not help you, but I agree with you on this. The whole customization options seem really arbitrary and often disappointing.

With the OMD only a couple of functions can be assigned to the two "arrow buttons". Why??

http://omdem5.wordpress.com/custom-functions/em-5-master-function-button-chart/

I'd like to have the "multi-function" on fn2 in all my MySets, instead I have to move it around randomly to make space for other functions. Or just give up and do not use those functions (I'd like peaking, preview and magnify for the "manual focus" MySet).

And the worst is when you can only assign functions that you could easily set from the Super Control Panel (flash, drive mode, etc.) and peaking or magnify are not available.

Just wrong...

Fri13

Mu-43 Veteran
Would be nice to be able customize everything and store them to MySet, so every setting what is there. Just yesterday noticed that EV stepping isn't stored. I need 1/320 shutter speed for flash but I dislike 1/3 EV stepping in overall shooting and prefer 1EV exposure change in shutter speed/aperture and ISO. Just so much easier to adjust shots with 1 stop stepping than scroll all the time two or three times more.

And only bind two of four D-pad buttons? Seriously Olympus?

Latest threads

Top Bottom