Olympus em10 w p45-200

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jello212, Aug 15, 2015.

1. jello212

jello212 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 7, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    i had the 45-200 paired with the em10. The lens IS was turned off. Every time I focused, the image would jump/shake for about 2 seconds or so. If I turned the lens IS on, it wasn't a problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal?

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    My 45-200 is at the office, but I'll try it out when I get it.

3. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    Just tried it on mine with all combinations of IS priority and IBIS / OIS. All I get is a very brief (split second) blurring as the IS and focus motors activate in either mode. At 200mm with IS off, it's a little shakey though. Could it be that you are inducing camera shake as you focus?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  4. jello212

jello212 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 7, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    It's definitely not camera shake. you could feel the sensor shaking inside. And, as I said, it wasn't a problem with the lens IS turned on. So far, it's just an issue with the p45-200 lens and only when the mega-ois is off.

5. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I had same issues with 40-150 lens when forgot IBIS on manual focal length (8mm) - so, check yours.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    I've tried to replicate this problem with my kit, mainly out of curiosity, but I cannot. As far as I can see, the IBIS focal length sets automatically when using a native lens and the manual selection has no effect. I can't see a manual vs automatic option either, just the option of setting a focal length.

There are so many settings on this camera and it's possible that there is a combination that I haven't stumbled upon, but as far as I can see, my kit doesn't seem to have this issue.

7. jello212

jello212 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 7, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    It's not a huge issue - using the lens OIS seems to be a workaround. I may replace this lens with the O45-150 one day and eliminate any cross-brand communication issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.