1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Shootout Olympus EM1 Mark II Versus Nikon D500 - Shooting Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Reviews, Tests, & Shootouts' started by gryphon1911, Nov 30, 2018.

1. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    just myself. I'm a Canucks fan.

2. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    Ah ok. That explains a lot. There is relatively no restriction for internal press and CP, some restrictions for freelance and lots of restrictions for fans. And I think you can guess as to why? :) 

3. barry13

barry13 Mu-43.com Editor Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Staples Center has a strict policy:
    Guest Services A-Z | STAPLES Center

They used to allow lenses under a couple inches, and had recently changed to this policy when I went to a Lakers game... I mounted the 9mm BCL on my E-M1 and put it and the 40-150R in my wife's purse. Security saw it but allowed it anyways.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. RR Jonny

RR Jonny Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks for the write up and for taking us along. I appreciate this side-by-side comparison and you're analysis of the performance of the kits throughout the games. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. jhawk1000

jhawk1000 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Kansas
    Mel
    We will have a first for us when we photograph our minor league hockey team on 2/1/19. There are no restrictions on cameras and lenses and we will be allowed on the ice at game end to shoot the players who will stay around for autographs and photos. I have only been to one NHL game at the Dallas American Center but we were in one of the boxes with drinks, food, and other amenities. I went to another local minor league event years ago and was prepared for the cold inside the arena. From my first experience to the Dallas event, the changes for safety has been very great with much more netting. There was a horrible accident years ago when a 2-year-old was hit with a puck while being with his dad who was drinking and not paying attention with the kid behind the goal. Immediate changes were made to have netting instead of the low glass. Looking forward to the event although I am not that up on hockey.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.