1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus EM-5 EVF trouble

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by corns5, Jul 29, 2015.

1. corns5

corns5 Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2013
    Florida
    Carol
    After traveling on a vacation, glad I took my Nikon D700! My Olympus OM-D EM-5 EVF won't work, just gives a bright white light! Camera seemed hot after using my macro light and lens. Both LCD screen (menu only worked) and EVF (bright white light) rendered my camera useless today on my trip. Changed batteries, got off the external macro flash (by Olympus), took out the memory card, cooled the camera down. Put off the EVF from the menu. The LCD screen began to work. Came upon the most beautiful scene of sunflowers (1000s) with mountains in the background. Trouble using LCD here only because of the BRIGHT sunlight, it worked, but the EVF is fried, I think. Reason why I bought the OMD was cause it has an internal EVF. Three years old camera, and I usually don't use it much except during trips like these (summers). Any suggestions, other than get it checked out when I go home from my vacation? Maybe there is something I can do myself that you can help with during this vacation? I have lots of lenses for my Olympus, but only 2 now for my old and reliable Nikon. I don't think I will be selling that one, but may need to purchase a new Olympus.... or re-think that kind of purchase again! Bummer! :(