Olympus - Elizabeth

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by MENINBLK, Apr 30, 2012.

MENINBLK Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2012
    Westchester County, New York, USA
    Peter Romano
    There was a comment in one of the OM-D threads about those people
    who had the opportunity to call Olympus, had spoken to someone named "Elizabeth".
    Since so many people called Olympus and everyone spoke to Elizabeth,
    everyone thought it was a name they used and that Elizabeth must not exist.

I called Olympus today to check the status of my order because my Paypal Authorization had expired.
    My order was confirmed and they are still waiting for my camera allocation to ship my order.
    They then put me through to the Credit Department to speak to someone about the authorization.
    This is where I got to speak to Elizabeth.
    She was very pleasant to speak to, and very helpful.

I mentioned to Elizabeth about the Micro 4/3 User Group comment and she laughed.
    There is only one Elizabeth, and she is making sure we all get our orders shipped out complete.

Thanks Elizabeth !!

• Like Like x 3
  2. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Haven't been waiting on an E-M5, but it's a great story, nevertheless. It was beginning to think that Elzabeth was like "Peggy" from the Discover Card TV commercials.
  3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    thats hysterical
    i love it

"hello, thank you for calling olympus, my name lizbeth..."
    • Like Like x 1
  4. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I've talked to the Olympus store customer support people a couple of times (had to exchange a 45mm awhile back) and they were all helpful, nice, and patient.
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I talked to at LEAST three separate Elizabeths and one had a southern accent and was somewhere other than their Bethlehem office. The other two could have been the same person, but in that case Elizabeth #1 got mighty involved in the illusion of transferring me to Elizabeth #2! And I think it was my suggestion, based on this experience...

I, of course, cancelled all of my Oly pre-orders and then ended up buying one from B&H when they stuck one in my face ANYway! So THERE Elizabeth!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    oh you think this wasnt lizbeths plan all along?! the omnipresent lizbeth knows all, sees all, and sells all... when its in stock, that is...