OLYMPUS E-PM2 White with Silver 14-42mm $249 Free Shipping NeweggFlash

mpg01

Mu-43 Regular
Interesting that Olympus has the same price on their Reburb. The Newegg deal has the 1 year warranty so I'm assuming it's new condition.

jere lee

Mu-43 Regular
Are you saying a white one is not as good as black. I thought they worked the same, it's all a matter of opinion about color. In a year you can't give either one away anyway.

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
Are you saying a white one is not as good as black. I thought they worked the same, it's all a matter of opinion about color. In a year you can't give either one away anyway.

Unless Olympus and Panasonic update their sensor this year, if they hold tight at 16mp I think these E-PM2s will hold value. Regardless of price the current Olympus camera line-up is quite mature image-wise and even the lowly E-PM2 can produce professional-caliber photos!

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
Unless Olympus and Panasonic update their sensor this year, if they hold tight at 16mp I think these E-PM2s will hold value. Regardless of price the current Olympus camera line-up is quite mature image-wise and even the lowly E-PM2 can produce professional-caliber photos!

E-PM2 prices are so low that I don't think it's important whether it'll hold value or not. It's currently the best value in m43 lineup by a mile. I use E-PM2 and E-M10 and the IQ is indistinguishable. E-PM2 is great as a second body provided that your other camera uses same battery, e.g. E-M10:)
I can't imagine I need better sensor than what we currently have. Oly should spend their R&D on improving on-sensor PDAF and capturing sports photography market.

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
With the E-PM2 using the same battery as the E-M10, it makes it easier to travel with using shared batteries. That's another reason why I jumped on the $199 E-PM2 deal! If Olympus can get it's hybrid focusing to trickle to all it's bodies, I can really see ditching the DSLRs for all but the most intensive shooting scenarios.

E-PM2 prices are so low that I don't think it's important whether it'll hold value or not. It's currently the best value in m43 lineup by a mile. I use E-PM2 and E-M10 and the IQ is indistinguishable. E-PM2 is great as a second body provided that your other camera uses same battery, e.g. E-M10:)
I can't imagine I need better sensor than what we currently have. Oly should spend their R&D on improving on-sensor PDAF and capturing sports photography market.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
I'm of the opinion that any M43 camera with a current generation sensor that has already been discounted significantly from is intro price t'll hold it's value reasonably well until cameras with tangibly better sensors are available - unless it was well over-priced at it's intro like the E-P5.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm of the opinion that any M43 camera with a current generation sensor that has already been discounted significantly from is intro price t'll hold it's value reasonably well until cameras with tangibly better sensors are available - unless it was well over-priced at it's intro like the E-P5.

I thought that too when I bought my PM2 for a steal price of $350 with kit lens! I do think $200 is the low water mark for new Oly's though.

I'm not sure if you've ever tried to sell an older generation camera, but I've tried to sell a PM1, PL3 and GF3, even at the $100 mark, no interest. We're talking a tank of gas cheap. I think once its older tech, no one wants them.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
Actually, last month, I was able to sell a pristine E-PL2 - a bright red one, no less - for the same price for which I purchased it for about 8 months earlier. Basically, my rental cost for the camera for 8 months came out to the paypal fees and cost of shipping. Partly it was because I split the kit, and sold the lens and body for more separately than they would have commanded bundled together. Also, when I bought it, there were several of them being sold, but when I sold it, there were far fewer of them out there - pretty sure it was just an issue of selling it at the right time, when there was NOT a glut of them on the market.

I happened to find someone who wanted a cheap emergency backup body for his E-PL5, and wanted to pay no more than $120 for it - and I was able to get $70 for the 14-42 Mk II kit lens. I had bought the kit as an Oly factory refurb for $189 earlier, and it had fewer than 1000 clicks on it (I pretty quickly had upgraded to a Panasonic G5 and Oly E-PL5 myself).

Personally, if I didn't already have the Panasonic G5 as a second body, I'd jump at an E-PL3 body for anything near as low as $100 to be my backup camera (and in fact, I'd have gladly held onto my E-PL2 if it had been my 2nd Micro 4/3 camera, rather than my 3rd one).

But I agree with you that E-PM1s and GF3s sell for nothing nowadays - like $60-80 for the bodies depending on the condition. But IMHO that's because those cameras are burdened BOTH by old sensors and barely any direct controls.

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yeah, I ended up getting an E-PM2 body for about $80 net after selling the lenses on ebay. At that price, I can probably get my money back for several years to come -- used E-PM1 bodies are going for more than that...

Latest threads

Top Bottom