Olympus E-PM1 "Mini" and E-PL3 Rumors

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Covey22, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Covey22

Covey22 Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2011
    New England, USA
    As a current MFT and Nikon enthusiast, I keep track of industry trends partly through well-known pundits. Thom Hogan is one of those columnists who has a very good track record in both commentary and predicting the industry movement, and he's been shooting MFT for a while now. His blog's front page changes weekly, but those of us in Oly land who have been awaiting more word about the upcoming models should jump right away to his two articles called "Oy Vey" and "Mirrorless Summer Part 2." They should remain up for at least the week of the 13th before being archived (archive links at the end of the page). Disclaimer - I have nothing to do with Thom Hogan other than having proof read one of his film camera books ages ago.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Johnny1.33

Johnny1.33 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    He make the industry sound like it's losing almost not to bother with it. I'm sure I'm reading into it but it sounds like confusion in the industry. That couple with 43rumors comments on the GF3 do not sound good.

UPDATE: In an interview with Amateur Photographer, Kitao said Panasonic is committed to the Micro Four Thirds system and has no plans to change the sensor format. “Once we launched the G system we have a responsibility to continue the system“. My personal take on that. Mr, Kitao, this sounds like “would like to change format but I can’t“! You should have answered something like that: “Why change sensor format? m43 is the best format to realize compact and good quality mirrorless cameras!” Better communication please

43 Rumors | Blog | (FT5) UPDATED: Panasonic will release an advanced GF camera!!! And a new GH successor!