1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus E-PM1 kit refurb - $300 at Cameta

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by dhazeghi, Apr 28, 2012.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Amazing how there are so many Olympus refurbished & not a single Panasonic.

Then again, Olympus products (IMHO) are easier to obtain in the USA than Panasonic...

• Like Like x 1
  3. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    I have actually never seen a demo Panasonic camera in a store. I'm sure they exist. I have seen plenty of Olympus cameras at stores, but have not seem any Panasonics.

Honestly, now I think about it, I have never seen a Panasonic camera in real life or if I did, I don't remember it.

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

5. dhazeghi

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Oops, typo, meant to write $300.

DH

6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I've seen plenty of them from Best Buy to B&H to Frys. Pretty much any store that sells them has them on display.

7. songs2001

Jul 8, 2011
    The best buy and Frys I've been to didn't have Panasonic's, but did have Olympus's. Maybe I never noticed them when they are displayed.

Olympus has a Pen specific display.

A large camera store like B&H, not too surprised they have them on display.

8. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Thats pretty amazing price. As cheap as that is, I want the OM-D but not at the current price. I'll keep waiting. :(

9. Kelton

Kelton Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I bought mine at $330 refurbished two weeks ago! :O

Just in case anyone was wondering:

The camera shipped really quickly and arrived from New York to California in about 4 days. When I opened the box, everything looked practically brand new. The only thing I saw was some small scratches on the detachable flash, but nothing that stands out at all. It works perfectly fine, and I had no problems with the camera. The only thing I did was update the firmware as soon as I got it.

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    My local brick n' mortar store quit selling Panasonic because the wait was way too long to obtain items & they never received the quantity that they would order.

On the other hand, they have plenty of Olympus items in stock.

11. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Ordered the refurb epm1 fro cameta on Friday. It's my first ILC since my AE1 Program. I'm more than excited for it to show up on my doorstep. I may have to lay out for the FD mount. Seems a much more affordable option to get a prime lens on this camera.

I think I'll pick up an extra battery. What other accessories are must-have? Should I pick up a grip?

12. dhazeghi

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Extra batteries are always handy. Grip depends a bit on how big your hands are. The Franiec and FlipBac grips both have fans. An LCD cover is not a bad idea either. Enjoy!

DH

13. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Just a heads up, you know you have 30 day price protection buying from Cameta, right? You can get a refund of the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  14. songs2001

Jul 8, 2011
    A wrist strap. I use a Gordys, But there are other good options.

15. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    Definately a wrist strap

16. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Im sure i have an extra wrist strap somewhere... Thanks for the tips. Waiting for this thing to show up is killing me.

17. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    I know it's bull****, but I was at Wal Mart and the guy said to me "I never see panasonics come back, we always get Sonys being returned".

18. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    I use a wriststrap from my Nintendo Wii remote. It's adjustable, and kinda geeky.

19. songs2001

Jul 8, 2011
    There are plenty of refurbished Panasonics. Woot.com sells them all the time. It's just that refurb M43 stuff seems to be in smaller supply.

20. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Cameta does not offer price protection. Just spoke to a rep 1 minute ago.