COMPLETED Olympus E-PM1 body only, bargain | Location: USA | Ships: US/Canada

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Mellow, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Olympus E-PM1 body only, bargain
    </br>Prices</br> $90
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> US/Canada
    </br>Description</br> I'm selling my beloved E-PM1 body that's in rough condition but works perfectly. The main problem is that it was attached to a tripod that got blown over, and toppled onto the ground (fortunately sand). The attached lens took the worst of it, but the plate that houses the tripod mount got bent pretty severely. I was able to bend it back, and it now functions fine, but it's pretty obvious it took a knock.

I sent it to Olympus to explore a repair. They quoted me $130, which is more than the body is worth, so I declined. Olympus also tested it, however, and found that there was no other damage beyond the bent bottom plate (which is cosmetic). Like I said, everything works perfectly.

The LCD screen also has some scratches, but they aren't visible in use.

The camera has an aftermarket Freniac grip, which I found to make a huge improvement in handling.

To be truthful, the only reason I'm selling it is because I found a used PM2 which has replaced it. I actually prefer the size and grip of the PM1, but its sensor obviously can't compete with the newer PM2's.

I've got it listed on eBay for $90, but will sell to someone in here for a few dollars less (that way I know it's going to a good home!). It would make a perfect second body for someone who already has an m43 camera and wants a second one to tote around in his/her pocket or handbag, maybe with the 15mm bodycap or the Panny 14mm.

Here's the eBay listing: Olympus Pen E PM1 Black Body Only Freniac Grip Bargain | eBay

There are lots of pictures on eBay, but here are a few. You can see the damage in the third and fourth one.

Tom
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days)
    </br>Shipping charge</br> $10
    </br>Handling time</br> 1 day
    </br>References</br> Several here plus 100% positive feedback under on eBay
    </br>Additional comments</br> -
    </br>Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

2. Kilauea

Kilauea Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Jun 9, 2012
    Canada
    Nicolas
    Wow that is a great price for done damages which seem minor provided tripod is not needed. The funny part is whenI looked at your Ebay name... someone please buy this fast so I can stop being tempted.

3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Actually, you can still attach the camera to a tripod . . . it just doesn't lie perfectly flat. But it's held firmly, and takes pictures just fine. Like I wrote, the functionality is perfect despite the cosmetic damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.