1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus E-PM1 + 12-50mm M.Zuiko EZ

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Kristera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Kristera

Kristera New to Mu-43

Oct 26, 2012
    I was just wondering if anyone has tried this combo yet? And if so what was the AF speed on it compared to the 14-42 mm ii kit lens? I bought my E-PM1 with the Olympus 17mm f/2.8 and I'm want to see if I should get the regular kit lens or the 12-50mm. Thanks!

2. It's close enough that I wouldn't use AF speed to choose between the two i.e. they're both pretty damn quick! The differences in price, size, focal length range, and macro capabilities are where your decision should be made.

3. Kristera

Kristera New to Mu-43

Oct 26, 2012
    Thanks! The focal length between the two I think are close enough to where I'd be fine with either one. I just wanted to make sure the AF speed was fast because I know the 17mm f/2.8 doesn't use the MSC tech that the newer lenses do and I wanted a wee bit faster AF speed there lol.

4. c_henry

c_henry Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2012
    Yes, I have. It's a great combo, I think the 12-50 focusses faster, certainly feels like it, and the image quality is much better. The 14-42 IIR came with the E-PL5 and I was really disappointed with it.

As an aside, the newer lenses on the older bodies also increase the AF speed considerably, I'm thinking the 12-50 on my E-P1. Much improved AF speed.