Olympus E-PL7 fails to Update Tamron 14-150mm Di III, error NG, why?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Jackie, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Jackie

Jackie New to Mu-43

Aug 29, 2015

I am trying to male Olympus Digital Camera Updater 1.2 update my Tamron 14-150mm Di III, which still has Firmware 1.1 installed, but on any of my PCs (running different versions of Windows7, 8 in both x86 and x64 flavors), this update fails: I successfully get to the point where the update is loaded to the camera, the two red circle signs on the camera's screen are flashing for a few seconds, and then instead of "OK" the camera says "NG" after only a few seconds.

I have already replaced my Tamron with a new device of the same type, but the new one has exactly the same error. And this happens on several PCs, antivirus and firewall disabled. USB mode on my camera is set to "storage", I also tried "MTP", but this one does not work at all with Olympus Digital Camera Updater.

So either my E-PL7 camera is defective, or this is a general problem.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. Jackie

Jackie New to Mu-43

Aug 29, 2015
    Can nobody think of a possible cause?
  3. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama, USA
    The only things I can think of are to make sure you have removed any SD Card from the camera (leave storage media slot empty). The other is maybe find another updater site for Tamron. My Olympus updater will not update any Panasonic lens I have mounted even though the site says it's for dual updating I still have to go to the Panasonic updater website to update my Panasonic lenses on my Olympus bodies. My Olympus cameras will not even display the current Firmware for the lens even though it will list the lens in the Firmware window it only shows "--" for lens Firmware. :coco:
    Good luck,
  4. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL