1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus E-PL3 - SD card problem

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by pavlli, Oct 19, 2014.

1. pavlli

pavlli New to Mu-43

Oct 19, 2014
    Hi,
    I have problem with my Oly E-PL3. When I have empty SD card (Sandisk Ultra 8GB class 10) inserted, it show than can caputre 43mins FullHD video but only 16 images in max JPEG quality and even if I lower quality setting I still can shoot only 16 images. I try it with another SD card, but it's still same. I try format SD in camera and also in computer, but nothing helps.
    Please does anyone know how to fix it?
    Thanks.

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Use this program to test the card on your computer:
    http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html
    It is rather slow but very thorough. It writes different data each time so it can spot if the incorrect data is retrieved. If you have any concerns about your cards, run this test. To work it, first delete every file and folder on the card. Note what drive letter it shows up as. Click on English unless you are German. Select the correct drive, then Write and Verify. If it is a large card, allow a few hours, perhaps leave it running overnight. (Afterwards format the card in the camera - the program leaves it full.)

You will find if your card is broken, or is fake, and what its read and write performance is when attached to your computer.

3. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    What happens after you shoot 16 pics?