Olympus E-PL2 half case?

Real Name
Rick
Are there any half cases available for the E-PL2? I use half cases on my EP2 and cannot imagine not having one for the newer E-PL2. Where can I buy one, if one is available?

Thanks!

eyeguy

Mu-43 Regular
Did you order that case for your epl2? If so, can you take a picture of the camera + case?
I just assume it's the same case as the e-pl1, and I'm not sure how well it will fit the epl2.

I'll probably order it. Especially with this $15 or $7 coupon [thanks lenshoarder] touch.groupon.com/deals/ebay

Next thing would be to decide which color to get to go with my black e-pl2.

tomas

Mu-43 Regular
Neoprene?

I ordered the DuraNeoprene FlexArmor Digital Camera Sleeve Case for Olympus E-PL1 , E-PL1s , E-PL2 from Amazon. It hasn't arrived yet. But since I often carry a camera body in a shoulder bag, I'm hoping it will give the camera adequate protection. I'm also hoping it will give adequate protection when I put it in my carry-on luggage. It may also be adequate protection wearing it in light rain.

It this one works out I will also get the larger neoprene case at Amazon which will fit the e-pl2 with the 14-150 lens when it becomes available in April.

eyeguy

Mu-43 Regular
Was the fit really that bad? It seems like some people on dpreview saying they use it with their EPL2 and it's fine. That half case is really closer to what I'm actually looking for, and I'd love it if it fit.

Did you happen to take any photos?

tomas

Mu-43 Regular
No photos. The case is long gone in the garbage. The bottom of the e-pl2 did not seat properly in case that I was sent. The case was too narrow on the grip side/end. Others may like it, I didn't. I did find leather cases for the e-pl2 on some European websites but they were very expensive. If the neoprene case fits, that will meet my requirements for this camera.

tomas

Mu-43 Regular
Neoprene Camera Case for e-pl2 Arrived

The DuraNeoprene FlexArmor Digital Camera Sleeve Case for Olympus E-PL1 , E-PL1s , E-PL2 from Amazon arrived today. It's a good fit for my e-pl2 with the Panasonic 20mm or the Olympus m14-42 II kit lens. If you stretch it a bit it will also fit the Olympus m 9-18mm lens. The viewfinder + lens will not fit in this case

I don't normally shoot my cameras with a case attached. I use a case for some protection when carrying the camera around my neck in light rain or dust, or when it's in a vest pocket or European style man's purse, or packed in my carry-on luggage. So this will meet my needs well.

If you like to shoot a camera with a half body attached, this case is a bit awkward for that use and it won't accommodate the Olympus viewfinder.

shoturtle

all the cases on ebay will fit all the pens currently. And they work quite well in adding a measure of protection. I have it and it works great.

eyeguy

Mu-43 Regular
I purchased the case I listed above and it finally arrived.
Overall, it's not a perfect fit, but I think it will work fine.

Attachments

• CIMG2492.JPG
    CIMG2492.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 311
  • CIMG2494.JPG
    CIMG2494.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 353
  • CIMG2495.JPG
    CIMG2495.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 452
  • CIMG2497.JPG
    CIMG2497.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 639

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
I purchased the case I listed above and it finally arrived.
Overall, it's not a perfect fit, but I think it will work fine.

Is there a recessed tripod mount in the screw knob so you don't lose tripod mount-ability?

I really love the fit of the Panasonic GF1/2 half cases, but kind of bummed you lose the tripod socket. That's what's holding me back. The third party ones look a little cheap in some pictures.

Latest threads

Top Bottom