1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Olympus E-PL1 or E-PL2 any cosmetic condition | Location: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by RobR, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Buy
    Selling</br> Olympus E-PL1 or E-PL2 any cosmetic condition
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Description</br> I'm looking to buy an Olympus E-PL1 or E-PL2, in any cosmetic condition as long as it functions.

I will be using the camera in an Independent Study for my Senior year of high school, where I will be designing and building a camera body using CAD and a 3D Printer. As I am a dedicated :43: user, I plan to base the camera off of the electronics of an E-PL1 or E-PL2. (If you have another model, PM me the type and price.)

I will be removing the body shell from the camera and designing a brand new one around the electronics for the class. At the end, I hope to have a functioning camera that is able to perform just like any other, albeit with a custom body.

As I am a high school student, I am on a budget. This is coming out of my own pocket, so I'd like to spend as little as possible. I'd love to find one for $100 or less, and my maximum is $140.

Whoever does sell/donate a camera to my cause will get updated on any progress made during the process and (if you want) I will send you a copy of the final version, around February.

If you have an E-PL1 or an E-PL2 sitting around gathering dust on a shelf or need a good excuse to upgrade to an OMD-EM5, :biggrin: please send me a PM.
    </br>Offering</br> N/A
    </br>References</br> -
    </br>Acknowledgment</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    If you're just looking for a body, you should have no problem getting an E-PL1 at the low end of your budget. Other choices might be a Panasonic G1 or G2 or GF-1.

3. salvatore64

salvatore64 Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 17, 2013
    I have 1 , we can private message the details .

4. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    There is currently a deal pending, thank you to all for your generous offers. I will be posting a thread detailing the project as a digital diary in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for it.

For anyone late to the party who would like to donate one for parts I will gladly accept it. This can be a nonworking camera. Just PM me.

(I will mark as complete when I have completed the transaction, most likely tomorrow.)

5. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    what a cool project!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.