1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Olympus E-PL1 or E-PL2 any cosmetic condition | Location: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by RobR, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Buy
    Selling</br> Olympus E-PL1 or E-PL2 any cosmetic condition
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Description</br> I'm looking to buy an Olympus E-PL1 or E-PL2, in any cosmetic condition as long as it functions.

I will be using the camera in an Independent Study for my Senior year of high school, where I will be designing and building a camera body using CAD and a 3D Printer. As I am a dedicated :43: user, I plan to base the camera off of the electronics of an E-PL1 or E-PL2. (If you have another model, PM me the type and price.)

I will be removing the body shell from the camera and designing a brand new one around the electronics for the class. At the end, I hope to have a functioning camera that is able to perform just like any other, albeit with a custom body.

As I am a high school student, I am on a budget. This is coming out of my own pocket, so I'd like to spend as little as possible. I'd love to find one for $100 or less, and my maximum is $140.

Whoever does sell/donate a camera to my cause will get updated on any progress made during the process and (if you want) I will send you a copy of the final version, around February.

If you have an E-PL1 or an E-PL2 sitting around gathering dust on a shelf or need a good excuse to upgrade to an OMD-EM5, :biggrin: please send me a PM.
    </br>Offering</br> N/A
    </br>References</br> -
    </br>Acknowledgment</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    If you're just looking for a body, you should have no problem getting an E-PL1 at the low end of your budget. Other choices might be a Panasonic G1 or G2 or GF-1.

3. salvatore64

salvatore64 Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 17, 2013
    I have 1 , we can private message the details .

4. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    There is currently a deal pending, thank you to all for your generous offers. I will be posting a thread detailing the project as a digital diary in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for it.

For anyone late to the party who would like to donate one for parts I will gladly accept it. This can be a nonworking camera. Just PM me.

(I will mark as complete when I have completed the transaction, most likely tomorrow.)

5. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    what a cool project!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.