Olympus E-P5, panasonic 45-175 and tennis

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by AllanG, Jan 27, 2015.

1. AllanG

AllanG Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 26, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Went to the Australian Open this year and watched Kei Nishikora beat Almagro convincingly.The Australian open has a policy of not allowing amateurs to use a lens longer than 200mm so that they dont upset the Pro photographers. They even remove lenses over 200mm and hand them back when you leave.
    So I took my Panny 45-175 mm on my E-P5 and shot away at the equivalent of 350MM - so since they dont know what they are talking about I managed to get some nice images of Nishikora and Wosniacki, which were far better than those at the offical site IMO.
    Had some fun with the fast frame rate of the E-P5 for my first multiple image in PS
    Comments welcomed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 20
  2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    ...interesting, do they check everyone with a camera?
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    I find this funny: what if the professional photographers are upset? They won't come? Given that SI just fired their staff photographers I'm not sure how much clout they have left. I wonder if there are other reasons.
  4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    You've made a very nice composite there, he's covering a lot of ground!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Five frames : did you remove any or is that approximately half a second total time?
  6. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Nicely done and not PS. EP5 is really an amazing camera.
  7. hobbes266

hobbes266 Mu-43 Regular

May 19, 2014
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Photoshop can merge those photos automatically? What is the name of that tool/comand? I've done this before in another program (PSP) but had to do it manually. I don't really want to lock myself into the creative cloud and get photoshop, is there any other software that can do this automatically that anyone knows of? Free or cheap to buy outright?

How does Photoshop handle the overlapping parts of his body and know what to do? And I assume this was handheld, does Photoshop align the photos by itself as well?
  8. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
  9. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    I bought my EP5 just a year ago (George Washington Day sale , refurb $520!) and it will be awhile before I buy another camera (feel the same way about my D7100). Really it's such a joy to use.
  10. letsgofishing

letsgofishing Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    South Africa
    Mike Kaplan
    Great sequence Allan G - well done!