Olympus E-P5 Discounted $200

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by rjl1246, Jan 13, 2014.

1. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    • Like Like x 1
  2. oly18

oly18 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2011
    Yes, and you can also combine this with the $99.99 VF4 viewfinder offer.

If anyone wants to buy the EP5 but not the viewfinder, please let me know and I'd gladly buy it from you! :wink:

3. Dramaturg

Dramaturg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Ukraine
    Yevgen
    So is EM-5. Olympus cameras don't seem to hold a value for long.

4. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Wait, how long has EM5 been around? They don't seem to drop nearly as quickly as Pannys IMHO

5. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    FYI, B&H and Adorama are matching this price (and they don't charge sales tax outside of New York). Adorama is also matching the bundle discounts on the VF-4 ($99 bought with the E-P5) and $200 off the other high end lenses like the 12-40mm zoom and 75mm and 9-18 if bought with the E-P5

6. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    Adorama charges sales tax for orders going to New Jersey. I think their return center is in Elizabeth NJ.

7. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Amazon is also matching it and has it available with prime shipping for Prime members. They are also mentioning lens bargains as well for camera buyers.

8. b534202

b534202 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 18, 2012
    Adorama is only allowing 1 additional item to be discounted, but they have more to choose from, including VF4.
    B&H/Amazon lets you discount multiple, but they don't have VF4 on the list.

So only getolympus.com has both discounts on the lenses & VF4.

9. DougVaughn

DougVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    Franklin, TN
    Doug Vaughn
    Sure wish I could get the discount on a 75mm without purchasing the camera!

10. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    This is a good deal on this camera... but, for some reason, I'm just not moved by the E-P5.

11. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I just pulled the trigger on this combo. I should have read the whole post though... Would have saved me nearly $60 in sales taxes :tongue: Anyway, I am really excited about and can't wait to get my hands on it. I had just purchased a GX7 but the E-P5 sounds much better... I don't care that the cameras drop in price over time. Every new product will drop in price after it's initial release. The way I see it, I just saved nearly $400 in a very nice camera that I will no doubt enjoy playing with :wink:

12. loloban

loloban Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 13, 2013
    california
    Actually, I just checked.
    Adorama only allow 1 additional item to be discounted.
    But B&H allow multiple items to be discounted, which includes the VF4 and lens.
    Really really want to buy it, but still thinking, it'll be alot of money, because if I do buy, I'll buy with the 12-40.
    I know I shouldn't, but really want to.:daz:

13. lotsofkids

lotsofkids Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Diane
    I might pull the trigger and get the ep5 (body) and the $99 VF4. If you are serious about wanting the discounted 75mm lens PM me.
    M.Zuiko 75mm f1.8(SAVE $200.00)With Savings: $699.99Regular: $899.99

-diane

14. lotsofkids

lotsofkids Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Diane
    Over at Amazon....it looked like they were only discounting the lens with the camera purchase....however, I put the EV4 in my cart with an EP5 body and it discounted the addt'l $180 making the EV4 $99. So....Amazon will apply the same Olympus deals providing the Amazon seller is "olympus" for the items you place in your cart. (that will save me $62.73)

15. lotsofkids

lotsofkids Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Diane
    I also put in two lenses....and it discounted both of them! I assume that it'll discount up to the 4. (they are the Olympic select/promo lenses only...not just any lens) 9-18mm, 12mm, 75mm & 12-40mm

16. oly18

oly18 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2011
    lotsofkids: If you get it and decide you don't want the VF4 for $99, PM me! :biggrin:

17. lotsofkids

lotsofkids Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Diane
    Well....I just purchased the EP5 (body) and the EV4 ....I didn't get any lenses. (I was tempted to rebuy the 9-18mm as I had that before and loved it ....but sold it here a while ago when I was a bit cashed strapped)

The money I saved from (no taxes) through purchasing at Amazon, I put into their 4 yr extended warranty that even covers "drops & spills"!

I am super excited as I have been using the original EPL-1....so this is a major upgrade and coming right on time for an upcoming Costa Rican vacation! Now for a good half-case! Any thoughts?

18. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    E-P5 replacing the E-PL1? That's going to be a fun upgrade considering sensor and IBIS alone.

19. lotsofkids

lotsofkids Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Diane
    Well yesterday I received my EP5 and wow...it turned out to be an even better deal for me. I purchased through Amazon/Olympus (not a 3rd party at Amazon) and received the Olympus promo on the camera and on the EV4....(no tax/no shipping) so the order came to $898. When my package arrived, I was disappointed that it obviously was a neatly placed back return and not a factory sealed item. A few of the accessories (battery, battery charger etc....had been noticeably opened and returned to their plastic sheaths. I called Amazon to complain and told them that an open boxed item is usually a discounted item with limited warranty. The agent then offered me 20% off and refunded $160....bringing my EP5 body down from $799 to a mere $640! I have the full warranty (as if new) and also purchased the add'l 4yrs extended warranty. (Total $740 for the body & EV4! Now to go play!

20. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    Great shopping, Diane! That's about $250 less than I paid for my ep5 + vf4 (after selling the 17/1.8 from the kit) just 2 months ago. But price aside, you've just purchased one ot the handsomest and best performing cameras you could buy at any price. I hope you enjoy the ep5 as much as I have.