Olympus E-P2 Quick Start Part 7.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brian Mosley, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

if we have a separate thread for each video, we can keep the discussion more organised.

You can find Part 1 here.

Previous Part is here.

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_Dux3sLRy1U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_Dux3sLRy1U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Next part is here.

Please fire away with any questions below.

Cheers

Brian

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Very good tip about the Custom set up use! It's nice to know I can at least save what I think I like and know if I screw it up I can bring it back.

3. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Yes, I use that all the time... it's my quick 'home' position.

Cheers

Brian

4. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Brian

On the picture mode settings I thought this only applied only to jpeg output, I was under the impression that the Raw file stayed untouched when imported, otherwise it is no longer a raw file as such. Haven't found this in the manual just yet so I may of course be incorrect

5. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Phil,

the image settings are stored alongside the raw image data within the raw file - and carried through to Olympus Master/Studio.

I load the raw file into Olympus Studio, and can then modify the image parameters there... before saving the developed image as a jpeg/tiff.

If you use anything other than Olympus Master/Studio to open the raw file, the image processing options (sharpness, contrast, saturation etc etc) will not be recognised - you'll be using the raw converter supplied controls.

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  6. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Oh okay, that is interesting to know, I will probably be using Lightroom when I get up and running, the quick starts are invaluable, many thanks

• Like Like x 2
  7. pictor

pictor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    I recommend to apply ones custom settings at the beginning of each photo session in order not to be surprised by some forgotten changes having done during the previous session.

If one wants to change only one option of ones custom settings, one should apply the custom settings to be changed, alter the option, and finally save the current settings to the custom settings. This prevents the saving of forgotten changes one has done.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Good tip pictor - that's what I do, using the Custom Reset option to get back to my personal defaults.

Cheers

Brian