Olympus E-P2 Quick Start Part 4.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brian Mosley, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

if we have a separate thread for each video, we can keep the discussion more organised.

You can find Part 1 here.

Previous Part is here.

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KmIyMKQKmvU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KmIyMKQKmvU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Next part is here.

Please fire away with any questions below.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 4
  2. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    Brian's videos

Great. But s a newbie trying to set menus, why do some of them appear gray and when the wheel is turned menu items are skipped?
    Thanks,
    Peter

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Peter - it could be that you're in an operational mode where the item is greyed out because it's set automatically for that mode.

Try moving the mode dial to A(perture priority) - does that help?

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  4. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal

Thanks, Brian. I have noticed that when I change mode dial (A to M, etc.), the menu I'm working on is okay, but when I got to a new menu, same thing happens. Will keep trying. Really appreciate your videos. Have been a photographer for over 40 years and owned dozens of camera and never have I had one with soooo many menu items. Really taxing these old gray cells! So your suggestions are just very helpful!

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Believe me Peter, you are not alone! Initially these things drove me insane and I can't tell you how many times I've lost my customized setting by pressing the wrong choice inside the Reset menu.:redface: It does get better and sometimes there are settings I just ignore because I like to delude myself that they don't apply to me.:wink:

6. prayformojo

prayformojo Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2010
    Funny, I had the same issues last night when I ran through the menus. Awesome videos, much appreciated.