Olympus E-P2 Quick Start Part 3.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brian Mosley, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

if we have a separate thread for each video, we can keep the discussion more organised.

You can find Part 1 here.

Previous Part is here.

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fDmE3LLVHvU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fDmE3LLVHvU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Next part is here.

Please fire away with any questions below.

Cheers

Brian

2. jfj2

jfj2 New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Do you have any suggestions or preferences for shooting an HDR image?

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi jfj2,

I personally shoot in burst mode - making sure that I'm not blowing highlights... then I run 6 or more raw images through PhotoAcute to get a noise free image - by adjusting levels in Lightzone, this gives very natural HDR results.

Here's an old example :

[​IMG]

PhotoAcute works with a handheld burst of shots - so you don't need to use a tripod.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Brian

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

bringing back the Menu

I'd PM'd Brian to ask him where I should post this... I had been wondering if there was a tip to bringing back the Menu to the page you were on when the LCD went to sleep...had tried a few things but they just brought me back to the Main Menu screen.:frown: Brian answered me
    So I am posting it here for the other clueless folks.:smile:

• Like Like x 2
  5. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Re: Photoacute

Brian,

Photoacute is a very interesting product...does it work with legacy lenses as well?

Thanks,
    Tom