Olympus E-P2 / E-PL1 colour modes...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I've just uploaded a set of colour samples, created from a single image this morning.

Click here for the Gallery.

I did this to show the difference between :

iEnhance
Vivid
Natural
Muted
Portrait
B&W with Yellow filter
B&W with Red filter
also...
Capture One 5 Pro from raw
Bibble 5 Pro from raw
and...
Lightzone from Olympus Studio Natural tiff output.

Cheers

Brian

Elliot

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Brian

Because we do workshops we have a great many Raw process softwares on our machines.

The primary ones I use are Capture One 5.xx and Lightroom 2.2. I find them to be excellent.

I gave up on Bibble some time ago because of their constant delays of getting product to market on time.

Lightzone is good but not in the hands of enough of our customers yet. Raw Developer is excellent but does not support lens corrections.

Every process software is like using a different color or black and white film. They all have different renderings.

There is a gentleman on dpreview, who is offering his icc profile for the windows and or mac for Capture One 5.xx and I tried it this morning but could not get it to show in Capture One, so I have emailed him.

If you are looking for a profile to experiment with, my understanding from other s that have used it, that this one is very good.

Colin Walker <huelight@googlemail.com>

If you email him he will email you the files. Free but want and deserves a $15.00 donation to the cause.

Hopefully I shall get it to work on my system. I am sure I have screwed something up.

Elliot

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Elliot, I've been chatting to Colin this morning - I have tried both the profiles with Capture One 5 PRO on the PC/XP and they work well. A real improvement on the Capture One standard profiles imho.

Cheers

Brian

Elliot

Mu-43 Regular
still can't find them in the icc set up on Capture one

On the Mac, you can drop them in the Library, Colorsynch, Porfiles and you can do that in several places but still not showing up. If you have a chance to chat with him again, please ask him to respond back to my email.

I know it is on my end but I cannot figure out which of my ends.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
No problem Elliot, I've cc'd you into my e-mail to Colin.

Cheers

Brian

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom