Olympus E-P2 / E-PL1 colour modes...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brian Mosley, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I've just uploaded a set of colour samples, created from a single image this morning.

Click here for the Gallery.

I did this to show the difference between :

iEnhance
    Vivid
    Natural
    Muted
    Portrait
    B&W with Yellow filter
    B&W with Red filter
    also...
    Capture One 5 Pro from raw
    Bibble 5 Pro from raw
    and...
    Lightzone from Olympus Studio Natural tiff output.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 4
  2. Elliot

Elliot Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NORTHERN VIRGINIA USA
    Thanks Brian

Because we do workshops we have a great many Raw process softwares on our machines.

The primary ones I use are Capture One 5.xx and Lightroom 2.2. I find them to be excellent.

I gave up on Bibble some time ago because of their constant delays of getting product to market on time.

Lightzone is good but not in the hands of enough of our customers yet. Raw Developer is excellent but does not support lens corrections.

Every process software is like using a different color or black and white film. They all have different renderings.

There is a gentleman on dpreview, who is offering his icc profile for the windows and or mac for Capture One 5.xx and I tried it this morning but could not get it to show in Capture One, so I have emailed him.

If you are looking for a profile to experiment with, my understanding from other s that have used it, that this one is very good.

Colin Walker <huelight@googlemail.com>

If you email him he will email you the files. Free but want and deserves a $15.00 donation to the cause.

Hopefully I shall get it to work on my system. I am sure I have screwed something up.

Elliot

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Elliot, I've been chatting to Colin this morning - I have tried both the profiles with Capture One 5 PRO on the PC/XP and they work well. A real improvement on the Capture One standard profiles imho.

Cheers

Brian

4. Elliot

Elliot Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NORTHERN VIRGINIA USA
    still can't find them in the icc set up on Capture one

On the Mac, you can drop them in the Library, Colorsynch, Porfiles and you can do that in several places but still not showing up. If you have a chance to chat with him again, please ask him to respond back to my email.

I know it is on my end but I cannot figure out which of my ends.

5. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    No problem Elliot, I've cc'd you into my e-mail to Colin.

Cheers

Brian