COMPLETED Olympus E-P1

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by dixeyk, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    I'm looking for a decent low miles E-P1. I sold mine and now I realize that I probably should have kept it as an extra body for when I need it. I'd consider an E-P2 but I have a limited amount to spend on a third body so It would depend on what you want price wise.

I also have a GF2 that is sitting around unused so if you're interested in a trade I'm open to that as well. Just to be up front here...I AM NOT INTERESTED IN AN E-PL1.

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    The EP1 makes a super back-up body, and the value is so low, there's little reason not to have one :)

3. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah that's what I was thinking and I remember liking shooting with it under certain circumstances. It'll be a nice companion for my G2. And if I end up with the GF2as well I can press that into duty doing video.

4. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    No sad little E-P1s out there looking for a new home?

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I have one, but you need to find a replacement LCD or send it in for repair (Olympus flat fee is like $160 or something). I'll sell it cheap.

6. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Okay when I said "sad little E-P1s" I wasn't thinking THAT sad. Do you know if when you send it for a repair they do a general tuneup or do they simply repair the broken part and send it back? The only problem is that $160+whatever you'd sell it for+shipping starts creeping into used E-P2 territory.

Hmmm...

7. chris.j.sorensen

chris.j.sorensen Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Feb 5, 2010
    Freehold, NJ
    I've got an e-p1, silver body & Aki Asahi skin. Low miles. Never abused. No issues- works flawlessly. I'll look at it when I get home, but I don't believe there are ANY marks, scratches, etc on it. Has a domke gripper strap. I'll post a few pics later today if you think you may be interested.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Olympus normally does thefull tune-up. It may be possible to get the LCD done cheaper, but Olympus is the only one I know of for sure, so that's like a "maximum cost" scenario. You are right about creeping into E-P2 territory though. That's why I've been so undecided myself wha to do with this camera (and my E-3 as well!). I've just been using it as a photo prop to show my lenses, lol.

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    My EP1 died, and I shipped it to Oly. They originally quoted $180 I think, and I said that's more than it's worth, and then they came back and said they'd repair it for $140 (including return shipping, and I had already paid the shipping there). There was some issue with the sensor reading data to the card. I figured that was worth it, as it would be the same cost to buy a 2nd body, and they said they also gave me a new 6 month warranty on the repaired one. No idea if that helps you, but I thought I'd let you know about it, and if you (Ned or dixeyk) get one repaired, just ask for a lower repair cost. Can't hurt.

10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks, that is helpful!

11. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Still interested in an E-P1

12. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
  13. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Every time you bump i feel a little guilty that mine is sitting idle. Someone please sell your E-P1 to assuage my guilt.

14. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010

2459020872_607513a54c.

It's okay...really.

15. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I do have a low mileage, but slightly cosmetically challenged black/gray E-P2. I think I have used it for around 500-1000 images. When I picked up the E-P3, my plan was to keep it around for backpacking and winter stuff. Now I am feeling comfortable taking the E-P3 out in those conditions, though, and so the E-P2 has just been sitting on the shelf.

There is a tripod mount scratch on the bottom, along with a couple light scuffs. On the sides, there is a light scratch on the USB connector cover, and a chip out of the finish where I failed on a leather skin application (piece pulled up on removal). The back and top are clean, so a properly applied leather skin would make this look pretty nice overall.

If you have any interest in this (priced right, taking into account $300 new bodies and cosmetic imperfections), I would be glad to send images. I like this little guy, but would rather see it getting used than sitting on my shelf gathering dust.

16. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    How about an E-PL1 :confused:

17. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    No thanks, I don't care for the E-PL1. I had one and I really didn't like the controls at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.