1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Olympus E-P1

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by dixeyk, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    I'm looking for a decent low miles E-P1. I sold mine and now I realize that I probably should have kept it as an extra body for when I need it. I'd consider an E-P2 but I have a limited amount to spend on a third body so It would depend on what you want price wise.

I also have a GF2 that is sitting around unused so if you're interested in a trade I'm open to that as well. Just to be up front here...I AM NOT INTERESTED IN AN E-PL1.

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    The EP1 makes a super back-up body, and the value is so low, there's little reason not to have one :)

3. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah that's what I was thinking and I remember liking shooting with it under certain circumstances. It'll be a nice companion for my G2. And if I end up with the GF2as well I can press that into duty doing video.

4. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    No sad little E-P1s out there looking for a new home?

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I have one, but you need to find a replacement LCD or send it in for repair (Olympus flat fee is like $160 or something). I'll sell it cheap.

6. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Okay when I said "sad little E-P1s" I wasn't thinking THAT sad. Do you know if when you send it for a repair they do a general tuneup or do they simply repair the broken part and send it back? The only problem is that $160+whatever you'd sell it for+shipping starts creeping into used E-P2 territory.

Hmmm...

7. chris.j.sorensen

chris.j.sorensen Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Feb 5, 2010
    Freehold, NJ
    I've got an e-p1, silver body & Aki Asahi skin. Low miles. Never abused. No issues- works flawlessly. I'll look at it when I get home, but I don't believe there are ANY marks, scratches, etc on it. Has a domke gripper strap. I'll post a few pics later today if you think you may be interested.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Olympus normally does thefull tune-up. It may be possible to get the LCD done cheaper, but Olympus is the only one I know of for sure, so that's like a "maximum cost" scenario. You are right about creeping into E-P2 territory though. That's why I've been so undecided myself wha to do with this camera (and my E-3 as well!). I've just been using it as a photo prop to show my lenses, lol.

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    My EP1 died, and I shipped it to Oly. They originally quoted $180 I think, and I said that's more than it's worth, and then they came back and said they'd repair it for $140 (including return shipping, and I had already paid the shipping there). There was some issue with the sensor reading data to the card. I figured that was worth it, as it would be the same cost to buy a 2nd body, and they said they also gave me a new 6 month warranty on the repaired one. No idea if that helps you, but I thought I'd let you know about it, and if you (Ned or dixeyk) get one repaired, just ask for a lower repair cost. Can't hurt.

10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks, that is helpful!

11. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Still interested in an E-P1

12. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
  13. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Every time you bump i feel a little guilty that mine is sitting idle. Someone please sell your E-P1 to assuage my guilt.

14. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010

2459020872_607513a54c.

It's okay...really.

15. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I do have a low mileage, but slightly cosmetically challenged black/gray E-P2. I think I have used it for around 500-1000 images. When I picked up the E-P3, my plan was to keep it around for backpacking and winter stuff. Now I am feeling comfortable taking the E-P3 out in those conditions, though, and so the E-P2 has just been sitting on the shelf.

There is a tripod mount scratch on the bottom, along with a couple light scuffs. On the sides, there is a light scratch on the USB connector cover, and a chip out of the finish where I failed on a leather skin application (piece pulled up on removal). The back and top are clean, so a properly applied leather skin would make this look pretty nice overall.

If you have any interest in this (priced right, taking into account $300 new bodies and cosmetic imperfections), I would be glad to send images. I like this little guy, but would rather see it getting used than sitting on my shelf gathering dust.

16. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    How about an E-PL1 :confused:

17. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    No thanks, I don't care for the E-PL1. I had one and I really didn't like the controls at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.