1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus E-P cases, half cases, body jackets

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Bikenut, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Bikenut

Bikenut Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 10, 2010
    Ireland
    Any ideas were one can get the "retro" looking leather strap or case for the EP1 in the UK?

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Bikenut, this thread has some links to various places that make straps, and some cases, too. Some are not retro at all while others might fall into that style, depending on your tastes. https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=451 I do not think, however, that any are in the UK. It appears that most of the leather camera artisans are either in Japan or Italy.

I'm in the market for both myself.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bikenut

Bikenut Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 10, 2010
    Ireland
    EP1 Retro Camera Straps

Thanks for the link, BBW.....don't know if I have enuff posts to give you some brownie points on the new system!!

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

5. PowderDave

PowderDave Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 21, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I got mine from ebay, cost about £80 I think. Can't find details currently but will update you if I do.
    Mine is dark brown an very very nice. Does not fit the 20/1.7 lens though, just the 17mm.

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Here's one of the best cases I've seen... really practical as a protective case with the top/front piece attached - and doesn't get in the way of the controls when the top is removed.

Apparently, it fits the E-P1/2 with 20mm f1.7 attached, available in a number of colours too.

Cheers

Brian

7. BBW

Brian, those do look exactly like what I've been looking for. I don't see where it mentions that it will fit with the 20mm, but I'll look again - or am I just too ignorant to realize the 20mm will fit inside what's designed for the 17mm?

8. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    No, I picked that up (20mm fits OK) over on dpreview.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBW

You are a clearing house of info! Much appreciated.

10. BBW

How do you protect the LCD screen or don't you? I'm really thinking about when it's in a camera bag if you don't have a case that protects it.

11. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
  12. BBW

Thanks!:thumbup:

13. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Yes, that's the only shield Ive used... although the Pens have a scratch resistant screen.

Cheers

Brian

14. BBW

How about lens pouches or something akin to them, that don't take up a too much room but still give some sort of protection? I've been searching around but feel sure I'll get some good recommendations here.:smile:

In ye olden days, didn't lenses come in lens cases? Or am I just imagining this and mine appeared magically?:confused: No doubt it is a cost saving move on the manufacturers part.

15. drone207A

drone207A New to Mu-43

Jan 24, 2010
  16. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks drone207A, and welcome to the forum... nice looking designs there but I don't think they will ship internationally, will they?

My favourite is still the Pixlamb case I think... I like the removable protective top cover.

Cheers

Brian

17. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    I decided that the "Lumix" strap that came with my brand new (and now sadly indisposed) G1 was just too naff. I rushed to a little store where I'd previously seen "Praktica" straps. They'd all gone, but I bought a like-new "Nikon F5" strap for peanuts. I'd never dream of attaching it to a Nikon, but it's rather cool on the G1. Totally synthetic, too, so it's that bit less likely to get mildewy.

The same store sometimes has "Plaubel Makina" and "Linhof" straps. Either would be neat with a Pen, I think.

18. Chow Monkey

Chow Monkey Mu-43 Regular

First post here.. I did order this retro bag today.. Wasn't even aware it existed till 1 hour ago :)

[​IMG]

19. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Maybe you could post a link.....
    Otherwise you'll have 10,000 pm's before daze end.
    Welcome Home
    shooter

20. Chow Monkey

Chow Monkey Mu-43 Regular

What surprised me is that the bag is cheaper than the small case and strap ;)