1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus E-M5 Mark 2 ORF files missing capture date and time

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MrHaugen, Jul 7, 2015.

1. MrHaugen

MrHaugen New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2015
    Carl Haugen
    Hi

First time trying to import my E-M5 Mark 2 images. The issue I have is that the capture date is nowhere to be found. Not in explorer or in lightroom. First I thought it was the lack for raw support in lightroom 5.7.1, but I upgraded to newest Lightroom CC, and the problem is still there. I don't see any dates in explorer either.

This card was previously used in my Sony RX100 MK3. First I started taking pictures without doing anything to the card, but after some test shots I think that I did a format of the card. What else can I have forgotten here?

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Use the latest Olympus Viewer to look at the files. I bet that shows the data correctly.
    Did you set the date in the camera?
    If you want to give a link to one of the ORF files I'll take a look at it.

3. MrHaugen

MrHaugen New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2015
    Carl Haugen
    Thanks, GrowlTiger!

I set the camera date and time, yes. I did an import late last night, and I noticed that the dates in Lightroom actually were correct after import. Only problem is that the data is missing in explorer (not very important to me), and that Lightroom does not correctly add the images to different date folders. It just smacks all of them in the same folder (currect date).

So, I will have to spread them to their appropriate date folders now. But other than that, I think I'm ok. The smartlists with dates work as expected to pick out certain dates. I'll try to reformat the card as well, in case I did not do that. Because, if this is not corected, I'll go mad after a while I think. I'm so used to sorting the pictures in folders based on dates.

Here's a test ORF file. Please tell me if you see something wrong.
    https://mega.nz/#!CQhm2Y7L!ZLbiJfjLfTf1JLB0x-9wBlfb7n0nZemxcFpYlAWwWUk

*Edit*
    Forgot the link to the file. Added now.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015