1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus E-M5 ii & Panasonic 3D Lens (H-FT012)

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mft, Aug 9, 2015.

1. mft

mft New to Mu-43

Jul 28, 2015
    Anyone used this combo with success (or on any non-Panasonic body)?

Example photos a plus!

Thx

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. lomomentum

lomomentum Mu-43 Regular

Think I read somewhere that this doesn't work with Oly and only on earlier Pannys. Could be wrong.

3. PhotoDmiK

PhotoDmiK Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2015
  4. mft

mft New to Mu-43

Jul 28, 2015
    The E-M5 ii has a [3D Photo] setting in SCN mode. The manual (pp28-29) references "[3D Photo] can be used only with a 3D lens."

So it looks like it will work, just wondering if the results are good\acceptable.

5. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

I picked up a copy from the closeout on B&H for about $50 back when the Aussie dollar was above parity with the USD (couldn't afford not to at that price).

Had to use that method to get it to work with my GF1.

Will dig it out and see if it works with the EM-1...

6. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    A review of the E-M1 has a copy of the specs which lists support for the Pana 3d lens:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m1/olympus-e-m1DAT.HTM

Also, lots of google results of PDFs of the E-M1 manual if I google "E-M1 3d scene mode".
    So, I'm guessing it'll work if you enable that Scene Mode, but I have no idea what kind of file it'd create.

Barry

7. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

I've tested it with the EM-1 sans electrical taped contacts and it produces a single image like it's supposed to but I couldn't tell that it had any kind of 3D aspect, even on my large monitor.

I'm thinking it still needs to be viewed on a dedicated 3D monitor/TV, perhaps with glasses...