Olympus E-M1 Mark2 issue when taking pictures/turning off

JivkoG

New to Mu-43
Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my E-M1 Mark2 camera.

From time to time when I take a photo or turn off the camera, I hear the sound from the video for 5-7 seconds before the picture is taken or camera turns off.
When taking a picture, the exposure is not correct - the picture turns out very dark (if this detail is useful). I am mainly shooting with the lens from the video - Olympus 75-300mm but sometimes I use Panasonic 12-60mm. This issue appears only when using the Olympus 75-300mm but I do not know if that's just by chance as it is used more often.

As the issue appears only from time to time (3-4 times per day of active usage), it is hard to demonstrate it "on demand", thus I am not sure if it should be sent for repair or not at this stage. I still have almost 3 years of retailer warranty.

Have you seen such issue with your E-M1 Mark2 camera or the lens in question?

Thanks in advance!

Jivko

JivkoG

New to Mu-43
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the tip, comment23! There are no damage codes recorded, I just see "D:" on page 4.

I will contact the local repair center. Cheers!

Stringer

Mu-43 Regular
I have the same issue with my Canon 5D cameras my 300MM f4 will not work on my 5D mkll but works on my other Canon cameras. Sent both into repair both are within spec but still can't get the 300MM to work with the 5D mkll. I know this does not help just want to let you know other brands have the same issue.

Kae1

Mu-43 Regular
I have an issue with my E-M1 Mark2 camera.
I will contact the local repair center.
At the weekend after taking several thousand photos of racing motorbikes, I had the same issue as you with my EM1 II and 75-300. When I pressed the shutter button the EVF went black, and the lens made the same noise as you recorded. A single black image was recorded. It happened to me three times and switching off and on "seemed" to sort it out. I think it only a coincidence but the issue only happened when I had the lens completely zoomed out to 300mm. I also took several hundred photos subsequently without any issues.

However, I am not happy to have a two month old camera having an issue and I fear it is the same issue as I had on my EM1 mkI i.e. a
sticking shutter needing replacement.

Did you get manage to get a solution for your camera?

Kae1

Mu-43 Regular
However, I am not happy to have a two month old camera having an issue and I fear it is the same issue as I had on my EM1 mkI i.e. a
sticking shutter needing replacement.
Further to the above I also placed a request with Olympus customer support yesterday and have just received an e-mail from them (well done to Customer Support :thumbsup: ). They have suggested :-

"Without inspecting the camera it is difficult to say whether this was a shutter or some other issue.
Therefore, to rule out all possibilities I would like to ask you to transfer all images onto your computer and format the memory card(s) in the camera. This will completely clean the cards should they be the cause.

If this happens again with clean and formatted cards, please set your camera to high sequential shooting and remove the lens.
Point the camera towards the ground and start taking high sequential shots. Should there be some dust in the shutter it will fall onto the ground."

If this happens again I will give this a try and see whether it resolves my issue. As I mentioned I've already had my EM1 I shutter repaired but have not come across other posts regarding EM1 II shutter issues so .... hopefully it was just a one, two, three off!🤞.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom