Olympus E-m1 mark II initial notes

Monstrousfizzypencils

New to Mu-43
I used the unofficial modified firmware that removes the video record limits. I discovered that the camera only recognizes firmware in card slot #1 (the UHS-II slot) when installing the firmware.

As a convention, I think I will keep a DCOLYMP directory with the modified 3.4 firmware on my UHS-II card, and a DCOLYMP directory with the unmodified 3.5 firmware on my UHS-I card, so if desired, I can easily swap between the two firmwares. That being said, I don't really need to run v3.5 firmware since I don't own the 8-25 f/4 pro lens, and so far, I haven't done focus stacking.

In this case, it didn't matter, since the longest video I shot was 16 minutes. But that performer was a storyteller telling a single story in her 1/2 hour slot and possibly may have gone long. But as bad luck would have it, that also was the performance I noticed that I had the manual focus clutch ring on the MF position, and I had to start/stop the video to get back into auto focus mode.

In terms of the modified firmware, I had noted in the thread about the firmware that the latest person to provide the firmware (toshische) hadn't posted since March 2021. At the time I posted, the directories holding the modified firmware had disappeared. But they are now back.
Hi Michael,

sorry to hear about your ill health. In ABel’s original posting back in 2019 he suggested that any arbitrary AF lens could benefit from the focus stacking hack so do you or anyone else for that matter know if this also applies to 4/3 lenses? My all time favourite lens is the 14-54mm mark I.

Thanking you in advance

Valentin

Mu-43 Regular
I'm going to switch from E-M5III to E-M1II because there is not enough money for E-M1III (I'm switching only because of the size of the camera. E-M5III is very small for me (
It's a pity that there is no slow motion in the E-M1II (I'll have to put up with it

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm going to switch from E-M5III to E-M1II because there is not enough money for E-M1III (I'm switching only because of the size of the camera. E-M5III is very small for me (
It's a pity that there is no slow motion in the E-M1II (I'll have to put up with it
There is the Olympus grip and 3rd party grips that make the E-m5 mark III bigger. But ultimately, the E-m5 is a medium-sized camera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom