Olympus E-M1 + 12-40/2.8 - $1900 at **********

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by dhazeghi, Feb 21, 2014.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Just saw that ********** is selling demo E-M1 and 12-40/2.8 kits for $1900 via eBay. That's quite a bargain, and unlike the refurbished units elsewhere, they have a full 1-year Olympus warranty. FWIW, I've bought stuff from them in the past, and they're a legitimate outfit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gary5

Gary5 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2014
    I bought mine from ********** for $1900 via eBay. All the packaging was intact and sealed, everything 100% perfect condition.

3. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Nice deal. I got my EM5 kit from there. Got some free gifts with it too.

4. briloop

briloop Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Mount Juliet, TN
    That's one heck of a deal. Just checked - there are two left.

5. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    It's a bit early for deals like this, no? I wonder if the U.S. market isn't taking to the E-M1 as well as Oly had hoped. Just thinking aloud...

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm glad to hear positive feedback about **********. They've approached me about sponsoring the site and seem like a good store.

7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Well, they are demo units. When you get down to it, they're about the same price as the refurbished deals Olympus has on the lens and camera separately. In general, my impression is that the E-M1 is selling pretty well, but sales generally drop off after New Years' and pick up again around May. One downside of the frequent sales and discounts is that it does tend to push down resale value. On the whole, I think more stable pricing would probably benefit Olympus, but as things are the way they are, we might as well enjoy the benefits.

I got my second m4/3 from them - a Panasonic GF-1 / 14-45 kit. I also recall that during the great E-M5 drought of summer 2011, a good many people on this site got the camera through *********** after waiting in vain for months on B&H's pre-orders.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    I've ordered a bunch of stuff from ********** over the last couple of years. Joel is a straight up guy. Get him to sponsor fujixspot as well!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I've purchased a number of cameras and lenses from **********. They're not far from where I work and it's all too tempting to drop by while walking to my office from the Port Authority bus station. I've haven't bought as much gear from Camerland as I have from B&H, but I have picked up as much there as I have from Adorama. Never a problem with any of them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ajamils

ajamils Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Richmond, Texas
    These are not demo units but instead brand new units. I have purchased this set as sell as lenses from them and all were brand new. They have to label them as demo so that they do not get in trouble for selling it for less than the manufacturer suggested retail price.

Scribbled on Galaxy Note 3.

11. CurtisBilly

CurtisBilly New to Mu-43

Mar 8, 2014
    Same experience for me. Units were unopened and brand new. It was well packed my only quibble was they put "**********" stickers on the Olympus boxes. Maybe they'd peel off without tearing...

12. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It seems like they have Olympus stock a lot of times when others don't. I got my first Oly 75 from them.

13. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Yes, I got my EM5 there while everyone at DPR was whining about the other NY big boys &Amazon not having them in stock after preorder.