Olympus E 620 stange color on picture

kenan.agich

New to Mu-43
Hello,

My name is Kenan and I just registered on the forum.
Along the way, I have a problem on my Oly E620 that I would share with other users, so maybe we will find a solution.

When I take a picture it happens to me that the filter is turned on, even though all the filters are off.
When I view the image on a PC, the image is the same as on the camera
Kenan slika.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

See a picture.

Thanks everyone,

kenan.agich

New to Mu-43
Yes,I reset a few times,also trying to found new firmware,clear on/off switch... nothing.
I afraid, maybe is sensor died ☹️

StirlingBartholomew

Mu-43 Regular
Did you take the battery out?

It doesn't need to be the sensor. Have you tired putting the camera in live view mode and one at a time switching all the image processing features on and off to see what happens with each? Might be a way to map around the problem. If you see this in ACR or PS with the raw negative then you can rule out a lot of other alternatives.

Last edited:

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
I would have thought shooting raw would bypass all in camera processing and just give you an unadulterated file - the filters only operate on the jpegs (at least thats the case with m43 unless I'm completely wrong - its been a while since I shot jpeg or used filters) ? If the raw is jiggered then thats a bad sign.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It is dead! My E-520 did the same thing way back when and yes these were all shot in RAW, so not a JPEG-engine issue...

8662164382_21836c98ed_o.jpg
2013.04.04-18.58.53 by Patrick, on Flickr
8629391795_6992fffca6_o.jpg
2013.04.04-19.08.44 by Patrick, on Flickr

Note these were scenes of nice "green" grass. The E-520 and the E-620 share the same sensor. I tired everything (all the documented and undocumented resets). It even sat unused without a battery for about a year under my bed and no change when I tried it again. Sold mine "as-is" on eBay for parts and I think I got something like $50 (before fees, shipping, etc.).

Sorry man. Time to move on.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
If you have good lenses, pick up a used E-M1, as they are cheap now and with an MMF-3 adapter (you will have to search a bit to find one) you can continue to use those lenses. If your lenses are mainly "kit" ones (14-42mm, etc.) then nothing special and no need to stick with them if you are interesting in trying something totally new.

kenan.agich

New to Mu-43
It is dead! My E-520 did the same thing way back when and yes these were all shot in RAW, so not a JPEG-engine issue...

View attachment 832137 2013.04.04-18.58.53 by Patrick, on Flickr
View attachment 832138 2013.04.04-19.08.44 by Patrick, on Flickr

Note these were scenes of nice "green" grass. The E-520 and the E-620 share the same sensor. I tired everything (all the documented and undocumented resets). It even sat unused without a battery for about a year under my bed and no change when I tried it again. Sold mine "as-is" on eBay for parts and I think I got something like $50 (before fees, shipping, etc.).

Sorry man. Time to move on.

thanks, I'm sorry to hear that but let's move on.

I didn't expect the sensor to be a problem because there is no video option for the sensor to burn out

kenan.agich

New to Mu-43
[QUOTE = "PakkyT, post: 1391689, član: 25925"]
Ako imate dobra leća, uzmite rabljeni E-M1, jer su sada jeftini, a s MMF-3 adapterom (morat ćete malo pretražiti da biste ga pronašli) možete nastaviti s korištenjem tih sočiva. Ako su vam leće uglavnom "kit" (14-42mm itd.), Onda ništa posebno i nema potrebe držati se s njima ako vam je zanimljivo isprobati nešto potpuno novo.
[/ QUOTE]
Сігналы абмеркавання
hvala svima, riješili smo dilemu i vrijeme je da krenemo dalje. Ljubitelj sam starijih kamera, pokušat ću pronaći nešto slično. Ostale su mi sa lećama od 14-42, 40-150 i 70-300

JonSnih

Mu-43 Veteran
Just curious. After how many years from purchase did your E-520 die? Could it be a component aging issue or just heavy use/number of exposures?
hvala svima, riješili smo dilemu i vrijeme je da krenemo dalje. Ljubitelj sam starijih kamera, pokušat ću pronaći nešto slično. Ostale su mi sa lećama od 14-42, 40-150 i 70-300
Maybe an E-30/E-5 might interest you if you're a fan of older cameras?

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
After how many years from purchase did your E-520 die? Could it be a component aging issue or just heavy use/number of exposures?
Those photos above were taken less than 5 years into ownership. I bought the E-520 body brand new in December of 2008. I have never had any other digital camera act like that so hard to say what it could have been. I still have an E-1 that works fine for example.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom