Olympus discount on Extended warranty for OM-D cameras

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
This sure beats the 5% off coupon that they sent me for filling out a survey. I now have extended coverage on my 12-40.

BIG thanks!

--Ken

Yycdave

Mu-43 Regular
Yet another great offer we can't get in Canada. Has anyone been able to do so?

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
Yet another great offer we can't get in Canada. Has anyone been able to do so?

You guys must have socialized camera care up there I'd guess, so you probably don't need it like we do in the US...eh? :wink: :thumbup:
:drinks:

Captiva

Mu-43 Regular
What is the process Oly uses to validate the purchase date requirements for the extended warranty?

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
Site says must be purchased within the one year (new) or 90 day (refurb) original warranty period,
so would assume they would work from the original receipt plus receipt for extended warranty
if service were required.

I don't think they require any proof to buy the extended warranty,
but if you tried to use it without the original receipt for the camera, you might have a problem.

gpburdell

Mu-43 Veteran
How does the extended warranty get associated with a particular camera or lens (if you bought the lens extended warranty)?

e.g. how does Olympus prevent someone from buying the lens extended warranty and then using it with whichever lens is the first to need service? Do you have to register the extended warranty against a serial number online or by mail-in or something?

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
How does the extended warranty get associated with a particular camera or lens (if you bought the lens extended warranty)?

e.g. how does Olympus prevent someone from buying the lens extended warranty and then using it with whichever lens is the first to need service? Do you have to register the extended warranty against a serial number online or by mail-in or something?

If you live in the US, when you register your equipment, you have the option of entering your extended warranty number. Alternately, if you need warranty service on an unregistered item, you will need to provide your original receipt and the extended warranty number. To avoid any confusion, I try to register extended warranty equipment so the coverage is pretty clear if there is a problem.

--Ken

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
If you live in the US, when you register your equipment, you have the option of entering your extended warranty number. Alternately, if you need warranty service on an unregistered item, you will need to provide your original receipt and the extended warranty number. To avoid any confusion, I try to register extended warranty equipment so the coverage is pretty clear if there is a problem.

--Ken

I noticed that when I realized I should check to see whether I'd registered my E-M1 (I haven't). So, I'm going to wait until the EW arrives so I can tie the EW to the camera...if only to prevent my own memory failures or losing the paperwork in the future.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
My warranty arrived today. I am mulling one for my 75, but as it is a prime, and has less moving parts, I may take a pass.

--Ken

twokatmew

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Margaret
I know the original warranty is not transferable. But ... does anyone know if the extended warranty is transferable? I'm contemplating purchasing one for my E-M10.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
I know the original warranty is not transferable. But ... does anyone know if the extended warranty is transferable? I'm contemplating purchasing one for my E-M10.

Hi Margaret,

As I mentioned above, Olympus provides the option of registering the extended warranty when you register the equipment on line. If you do not, I suspect that you would need to present both the original receipt, the extended warranty number, and possibly a receipt of its date of purchase so they can tell that it was purchased before your original warranty expired. So, I suspect that it may not be transferrable. But, I would strongly encourage verification with Olympus about what is or is not aceptable.

--Ken

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
Quick update. The extended warranty says that it is for the original owner, and is not transferrable.

Sorry,

--Ken

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
One item of note. If you look at Precision's home page, they have an estimator tool that will tell you what the "fixed" price is for working on a product out of warranty. The charges are not uniform, and vary from body to body and lens to lens. It appears that the 75 is more expensive than the 12-40. Something to consider if you live in the US and are deciding if a warranty is worth purchasing.

--Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom