Olympus Color Wheel - the most amazing tool ever....

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
Since Olympus introduced Color Profiles with the EM5 MKII and later build on that with the Pen-F, I have been totally intrigued with the direction Olympus is taking. The new Olympus Workspace software package takes this a step further with the new and improved color tools Olympus introduced with Workspace......well done Olympus!!!

I wrote a 5 part color (Creative Dial) article on the Pen-F on my blog......

The Creative Dial was so radical that most photographers just rejected it with many many different reasons and comments. It's all OK because it is new and the future and it shows Olympus vision and what will come......

To really begin to appreciate what Olympus has done with the creative dial concept you need to get up to speed with three important concepts, How to read the camera histogram and how to use the camera histogram. The third step (parallel step) is to get familiar with the Color Wheel and how to use the color wheel....... How do you "see" the image before taking it? When you frame the image in your mind, do you think color, do you see the histogram in your mind?

I discovered a photographer that is absolutely brilliant on these three subjects. He made three videos to train photographers on each. He has many more great videos....see his channel....

This is probably one of the best tips you will ever get on how to make awesome images with your Olympus camera......

How to read the Histogram video

How to use the Histogram video

How to understand & use the Color Wheel video

Make sure you see the links included with each of these videos.......

Best

Siegfried

Hoffelijk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jeroen
Thanks Siegfried for sharing this video's

Lately I am discovering the Color Wheel and the Adjust Color options in Workspace and i wanna tip this webinar as an interesting add on the "how to understand & use the Color Wheel" topic.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom