1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus CB-USB6 replacement

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hoyarnold, Feb 26, 2014.

1. hoyarnold

hoyarnold Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2013
    alaska
    arnold
    any suggestion for Olympus CB-USB6 cable replacement for my e-m5? need to update firmware :smile: the cheaper, the better :biggrin:

2. Firedogg

Firedogg Have cash, will spend

I usually just get mine off Ebay. I always buy the cheapest one from Hong Kong, China, etc. Never had an issue. You might have to wait a little while though. Overseas postage can be a little slow sometimes.

Heres a nice cheap one to get you started: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200574978803

3. hoyarnold

hoyarnold Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2013
    alaska
    arnold
    Thanks michael! I appreciate your help!

4. ezio

ezio New to Mu-43

May 9, 2012
    India
    Hi guyz,

Bumping an old thread... :p

I am also in the boat for a CB-USB6 cable replacement primarily for my E-PM1 and lens firmware update.

Need to order from within India only(for faster delivery and low in price).

Have shortlisted this one:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/111549897437

But on asking, the seller says it won't work with E-PM1... need your opinion...cause I think it should work....

5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ezio

ezio New to Mu-43

May 9, 2012
    India
  7. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    The seller probably bought some cables, copied an ebay ad and is in the cable business, without knowing much about what he sells. My E300, for example, uses a standard USB mini cable, while that ad copy says it uses the USB-6. However, if the cable is as pictured, it should work in an EPM1.

I've been reading some comments in the DPR forum that the clone USB-6's are slightly oversize and might deform/destroy the camera connector. I also see amazon one-star reviews about the clones failing after two or three uses. That really shouldn't happen. These cables are pretty simple, unless they're made wrong. Mine are genuine Olympus.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Firedogg

Firedogg Have cash, will spend

The cable you are looking at should work fine in your E-PM1. If you have any issues getting the computer to detect the camera, just double check that the plug is pushed all the way into the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ezio

ezio New to Mu-43

May 9, 2012
    India
    Thanks guyz!

Will order it today :D

10. ezio

ezio New to Mu-43

May 9, 2012
    India
    Hello friends,

Got the cable and its working fine.
    Updated camera firmware but no updates for the lenses from Olympus.

• Like Like x 1