Olympus Cancels WorldWide Warranty

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dbzkid777, Sep 5, 2014.

1. dbzkid777

dbzkid777 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/info/info20140828.cfm

"Olympus Imaging Corporation has been providing Worldwide warranty for digital cameras and accessories since April 1, 2004, except for some countries and regions.
    However, the time has come to stop providing Worldwide warranty because of regulation by laws and differences in the infrastructure of the repair facilities in individual countries.
    Please kindly be informed that Worldwide warranty will not be provided with most of our Micro Four Thirds System and compact digital camera products shipped after September of 2014."

• Like Like x 4
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I interpret this to mean that the Worldwide Warranty still holds for items shipped during September (i.e. before the 30th). Does that sound correct?

3. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Olympus told me all currently shipping cameras with Worldwide warranty cards will be honoured. Cameras currently being "packed" (after September 2) are being assembled with non-worldwide warranty cards to indicate the change.

So, if you buy an Olympus camera and it does have a Worldwide Warranty card, you're good to go.

• Like Like x 2