1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus Camera Updater updated to version 1.21

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ross the fiddler, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Olympus Camera Updater has now been updated to version 1.21 so it is a good idea to have it updated to be ready for the E-M1 & E-M5 II updates that will be coming later this month. Oly America says late November & some have info to say it is on 25th November for those camera's updates. I was notified of the Updater update through Olympus Viewer 3.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. RKTodd

RKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks for the heads up! Got the update.

3. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Following your advice, I just downloaded the updater from Olympus America, and also from Olympus Europe. Both downloads are version 1.2.0.1, not 1.2.1. Did you by chance, miss a zero?

Moshe

4. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    There are two bits of software, with different version numbers.
    1. What you can download is the installer/updater for the camera updater. The version is 1.2.0.1.
    2. When you run it, it sees if it wants to update the camera updater. When I do this it says mine is already up to date.
    My camera updater is 1.2.0.0

I don't know why my installer/updater 1.2.0.1 can't see version 1.2.1 of the camera updater.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  5. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    The solution is to do what Ross advised and run Olympus Viewer, and select Update/Update software. It finds camera updater 1.21.

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    So this is El Capitan OS X compatible?

• Like Like x 1
  7. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yes it is.

I just installed the new version via the update function in Olympus Viewer (couldn't find the new version on the Olympus site either). When I opened it after the restart it requires, it said 1.2.1. I connected my E-M1 and the Updater told me I had the current firmware versions. When I tried the previous version 1.2 a couple of days ago, it couldn't connect to the camera at all. I'm running El Capitan 10.11.1.

The whole process of updating the Camera Updater took about as much time as the restart.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

9. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just installed it, can't wait for the new firmware updates!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    I updated trough Viewer 3->Software update, as suggested by Ross, and indeed it updated the Updater to version 1.2.1 (and Viewer to 1.5).

Thanks, Moshe

• Like Like x 1