Olympus BLN-1 battery for the OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Allan Ostling, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Allan Ostling

Allan Ostling Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I'd like to get a spare battery in anticipation of the arrival of my pre-ordered OM-D. The Olympus BLN-1 battery is not yet available. It can be pre-ordered at B&H for $60, a ridiculous price for a camera battery.

Anybody know of a substitute?

2. EthanFrank

EthanFrank Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2011
    Give eBay a week or two, they'll pop up.

3. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    +1
    it's only a matter of time before you can buy them from ebay from sellers in china lol..my guess is those will be around the $15 mark

4. Allan Ostling

Allan Ostling Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    It hasn't happened yet (and don't call me lol).

5. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    It won't happen until the camera is fully released, or at least I think it'd doubtful that it'll happen before then

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Doesn't sound ridiculous to me. The larger, higher capacity BLM-1 was $80, and the smaller, lower-capacity BLS-1 was $60. This battery is higher capacity than the BLS-1, but the same price. Sounds like a good deal, if you ask me.

Not this early in the game! The battery's gotta be out for a while before they start making knock-offs...

Hopefully Best Buy will start stocking their "Digipower" brand, as they sell both the BLM-1 ($80 from Olympus) and the BLS-1 ($60 from Olympus) for a very reasonable $35 each, and make them easily available for most people (who doesn't have a Best Buy nearby?). I doubt we'll see that happen for a while though.