1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus BLN-1 battery for the OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Allan Ostling, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Allan Ostling

Allan Ostling Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I'd like to get a spare battery in anticipation of the arrival of my pre-ordered OM-D. The Olympus BLN-1 battery is not yet available. It can be pre-ordered at B&H for $60, a ridiculous price for a camera battery.

Anybody know of a substitute?

2. EthanFrank

EthanFrank Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2011
    Give eBay a week or two, they'll pop up.

3. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    +1
    it's only a matter of time before you can buy them from ebay from sellers in china lol..my guess is those will be around the $15 mark

4. Allan Ostling

Allan Ostling Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    It hasn't happened yet (and don't call me lol).

5. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    It won't happen until the camera is fully released, or at least I think it'd doubtful that it'll happen before then

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Doesn't sound ridiculous to me. The larger, higher capacity BLM-1 was $80, and the smaller, lower-capacity BLS-1 was $60. This battery is higher capacity than the BLS-1, but the same price. Sounds like a good deal, if you ask me.

Not this early in the game! The battery's gotta be out for a while before they start making knock-offs...

Hopefully Best Buy will start stocking their "Digipower" brand, as they sell both the BLM-1 ($80 from Olympus) and the BLS-1 ($60 from Olympus) for a very reasonable $35 each, and make them easily available for most people (who doesn't have a Best Buy nearby?). I doubt we'll see that happen for a while though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.