Olympus Black Friday Sale

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by leungw, Nov 24, 2013.

1. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 8
  2. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012

Prices seem to be up at Amazon, too.

Really excited because I kind of thought that Olympus was going to be stingy with us this year.
  3. rusteel

rusteel Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2011
    Kansas City, KS
    Olympus E-PL5 down to $500, body only for $450. was about to upgrade to Lumix G5 but might consider switching to E-PL5. do i have to wait for Cyber Monday? lol...
  4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Not as good as the accidental sale they had up on their website last year this time, but this one should last more than a couple of hours (when they realized their mistake and changed the prices - but honored those of us who completed transactions at the lower price). $399 is a pretty good price for the 17mm - I think it was only about $30 less last year at the wholesale price they accidentally listed...

5. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    That's the one that has my attention. I've been thinking of giving primes a shot again, because I do feel that they are the real strength of :43:.
  6. shaolinmonk

shaolinmonk Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Toronto Canada
    Wish they would do an additional discount on the refurb stuff lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mu-43 mobile app
  7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks for sharing these. Looks like refurbs are still the way to go for most items though.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Photorebel

Photorebel Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2013
    Jeff Mims
    Thank you for posting this. Some good prices.
  9. Cero21

Cero21 New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2011
    Really good deal on the 40-150 @ $120. Free shipping and no tax (to certain states) makes this better than the refurb for $99.
  10. solymosi

solymosi Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 7, 2013
    British Columbia
    Henry's has some amazing deals as well

If you find the prices on the Olympus site tempting then check Henry's. They have many prices that are just a touch lower than the Olympus site.

For instance, you can get the 17mm f/1.8 (either black or silver) for $379:

• Like Like x 1
  11. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    These prices are getting a bit crazy. Makes it hard to have any discipline at all...

If I see an E-PM2 at $225 or an E-PL5 at $300 I'm buying. But that's it. And very unlikely. The one that scares me is the GX7. If I that drops to $700 or so it will be hard to pass up, though the price cuts we're seeing on it already have me a bit concerned that it might not behave much differently than most of Panny's non-GH cameras.
  12. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Of course the one thing I'd like to get, FL600R is not on sale..:-(
  13. harryz

harryz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    This one is irresistible at all.
    I like the picture from my P25, but I want wider.

14. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Man that's a great price on the 17mm f/1.8. I paid full whack last year because it was the lens I had been waiting for and can't have any complaints because I've used it a ton and really love it, but even then I'm jealous of those who can get in at this price point.
  15. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    I'm wondering if they will adjust the refurb prices. I'm skeptical as it seems Oly and Nikon rebox and mark as refurb these days as a way to bleed out excess inventory that is actually new.
  16. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    I don't think so. I watch pretty closely and notice good deals go out of stock quickly (same day at times)...so I've missed a few bargains. They do offer package deals to bleed older "obsolete" models though.
  17. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    I guess that's good, if I see an E-M5 with the 12-50 for under $800, I might not be able to resist.
  18. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I picked up the Oly 40-150mm in black for $120 at Henry's today. Could not pass it up at that price.