1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Olympus Black E-PL2 Body and m.zuiko 45mm f/1.8 Lens

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by greenandgold, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenandgold

greenandgold Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jan 19, 2011
    I really can't make up my mind. In the past year, I've owned an E-P2 (should have kept that), D7000 (too soft), E-PL2 and now I want a Fuji X10. In order to buy one, I need to get rid of my E-PL2 body and 45mm lens

E-PL2: Black. Very good condition. Has a partial aki-asahi leatherette skin (I removed the piece around the grip). Comes with everything that came with the camera, except the 14-42 II which I sold already. $225 incl CONUS shipping.

m.zuiko 45mm lens: Needs no introduction. I bought this from DZone. Very good condition except for a minor scratch on the plastic trim piece. If you put on a lens hood, this piece would come off anyway. $325 incl CONUS shipping.

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Thats gonna be the mistake of ur life . Olymous EPL2+ 45mm 1.8 is one of the best MFT combo ur money can buy.WHy would u buy FUJI X10 ? I don't get it .Fuji X10 is just an other high end P&S camera.Its well built , looks nice and feels nice but I won't buy it and especially to replace my EPL2? No away
    Cheers

3. UKingdom

UKingdom New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Dec 28, 2011
    Can you post a pic of the scratch?

4. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

May 11, 2011
    I really can't make up my mind. In the past year, I've owned an E-P2 (should have kept that), D7000 (too soft), E-PL2 and now I want a Fuji X10. In order to buy one, I need to get rid of my E-PL2 body and 45mm lens

E-PL2: Black. Very good condition. Has a partial aki-asahi leatherette skin (I removed the piece around the grip). Comes with everything that came with the camera, except the 14-42 II which I sold already. $225 incl CONUS shipping.

m.zuiko 45mm lens: Needs no introduction. I bought this from DZone. Very good condition except for a minor scratch on the plastic trim piece. If you put on a lens hood, this piece would come off anyway. $325 incl CONUS shipping.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    My son bought an X10 yesterday and I have had a chance to play with it.
    It's a very nice camera but I wouldn't replace my Oly with it.
    Just my opinion.

6. greenandgold

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jan 19, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually didn't realize that the X10 is roughly the same size as my E-PL2:
    Compare camera dimensions side by side

I know this doesn't make logical sense. If I could keep the E-PL2 and get another camera, I would but I am short on cash. Later on, I will look at buying another m43 camera.

On a recent vacation, I realized two things: 1) I need a high-end P&S that can easily fit in my coat pocket. If I am going to wear a camera around my neck, I might as well borrow a DSLR. and 2) I need a high-quality zoom lens (ideally f/2.8). Many times I was in situations where I could not walk around to frame a shot.

I like the LX5/D-Lux 5 but that camera is 2-years old. The S100 is another option.

7. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Dec 16, 2009
    Pm'd you about EP-2 possible trade action....

8. Bhupinder2002

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Sorry for spoiling ur plans but I think u need to reconsider that again . The new Fuji X10 is around USD 499 and I think u can get around USD 525 if ur EPL2 and 45mm 1.8 lens sells.
    U have forgotten that 45mm focal length covers ur optical zoom which u will get on Fuji X10 .
    The EPL2+ 45mm combo can fit ur coat pocket .
    If still not happy..just swap Olympus 45mm with 20 mm or 14 mm panny and when u crop u will still get better results than Fuji X10 .
    U dont gain or save money from this deal and end up with a camera which will lose USD 100 the moment it walks out of the shop.
    cheers

9. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    What about OLY xz-1

10. Offriver

Offriver Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

May 17, 2011
    Once you get your X10 (if that's what you end up with), let us know how you like it! The x10 looks like a pretty neat camera.

11. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Sep 5, 2010
    Greenandgold,

You got a BAD case of GAS and Pasture is greener on the other side of the fence. It is never what it seems from where you now are. Been chasing the "Better" camera for over 25 years. Now using one focal lenth lens and feeling better, but not cured!

12. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Do you have pictures of the E-PL2, and shutter actuations? Thanks.

13. Bhupinder2002

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

LOl thanks for that . I have been trying to make him understand the same thing.I learnt this lesson very quickly though .We have the tendency to get what is available and we actually never sit and think what we exactly need. I did but EPL23 but sold it soon realising that my EPL2 is much better for what ever knowledge of photography I have . GAS does bother me and especially if u visit this forum regularly .I did think about getting GX1 but asked myself .
    DO i need ISO 3200 all the time? No
    Does GX1perform better than EPL2 at lowe ISO and unto 1600 ?Answer is No.
    Then why should I get it?

14. ianinbc

ianinbc New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oct 21, 2010
    The X10 is a fun camera and it feels a bit smaller/lighter than my E-P1. I have never used an E-PL2 so I don't know if the results are dramatically different from the E-P1. It all comes down to what your needs are and which camera you actually prefer using. I prefer the high iso output and faster focus of the X10 over the E-P1, and the compact fast zoom lens is VERY nice. The viewfinder is not perfcet but it is there when you need it. It won't meet everyone's needs but it is a great camera for what it is. If you like to change lenses and adapt other lenses then the m4/3 cameras would suit you better.They are both good cameras but neither is perfect for everyone.
    There is no right or wrong choice, and I am pretty sure this won't be the "mistake of ur life", its not like you are selling one of your kids. It is just a camera folks.

15. greenandgold

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jan 19, 2011
    You convinced me to look at other cameras first before selling my E-PL2. I'll look into ordering an X10 online (from a place with a lenient return policy) so I can do a side-by-side comparison and then go from there.

For those interested in the lens or the camera, sorry but the sale has been put on hold for now.

16. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    Check out Crutchfield open box X10s for $540: LINK. They come with 60 day return policy.

FWIW, I moved from a GF1 + 20/1.7 to an X10. No looking back for me yet. The ultimate IQ of the X10 won't match the :43: kit, but the versatility is clutch, and the IQ is very good for a small sensor camera.

I think you are smart to try them side-by-side. No better way to evaluate what works best for you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Dec 16, 2009
    hey greenandgold, I get what you're doing.

Honestly, the better bridge cams are damn near as good as many M43 setups.

I had a Sigma TL500 and an LX3. I took some of my best pictures because they were always with me. Same with the DP1 and DP2.

18. Bhupinder2002

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

???:confused:
    LX3 ? as good as MFT? no way . NoW DP1 and DP2 has Foveon sensor which is bigger than MFT sensor . The OP has a combo of EPL2 and Olympus 45mm 1.8 which is one of the best combination . None of above mentioned cameras will even come close to this combo.If he is smitten by X10 then its a different case . I was also impressed and thought of getting it . But I don't think there is a major size benefit. He can sell EPL2 and get Panasonic GF2 and just slam a 14 mm lens 2.5 in front ..job done .
    Cheers
    Cheers

19. Bhupinder2002

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Thats a better way of advising someone . If it suits ur needs then go for it . But again X10 is not small either .
    Cheers

20. Bhupinder2002

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

X10? better high ISO output than EP1? I differ politely . None of the high end P&S camera comes closer to any MFT kit . The camera is question here is EPL2 with one of the finest MFT lenses Olympus 45mm 1.8 , Now how X10 is gonna perform better than X10??? I don't get it .I just got this lens one week ago and I can tell u ..I am never gonna sell it . I am planning to get another MFT body to use other lenses but its not gonna come off from my EPL2. X10 is a nice and fun camera and I am sure its capable of very good results but I don't think it produces better results than any MFT setup .BUt yes I did wish than if Olympus or Panasonic could produce a camera like X10 with MFT sensor and fixed fast lens .
    Cheers
    Please have a look at this threads

https://www.mu-43.com/f80/panasonic-14mm-f-2-5-image-thread-8118/

https://www.mu-43.com/f57/caution-if-you-see-thread-u-might-poorer-usd399-soon-19671/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.