"Olympus batt. recommended" with Olympus battery in camera

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
It did not, but the packaging might be different for the kit with the 12-40mm PRO that I got.
I've just received a 1 Mark III. From experience purchasing cameras that take BLH-1 batteries (n of 2), the battery included with the camera does not come with a plastic case. Batteries bought separately do. That was the case with this purchase. I checked both new batteries this morning and neither gives the message you reference. In fact, over the course of seven years and several bodies, all bought with spare OEM batteries (all bought either from B&H or Newtonville Camera), I have never seen the message and didn't even know it lurked in the software. Agreed that checking with a second battery should help isolate the problem to a battery or the camera.

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
That sounds very odd, Nikon recently had a problem where counterfeit batteries made it into the retail stream somehow. You really should write to Olympus about this.

Does the battery have the Olympus logo and serial number on it? Usually the clones are smooth on the side the logo is on.
Also the Olympus batteries I have (four of them) all have a date on them. You should be able to see if the battery is just old stock. Also did you check the shutter count, maybe you got a used camera.

IvanTheT3rribl3

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does your battery closer to this or does it look like the one over on DPR?
Looks like what I have, yes. The second one arrived on Friday...same message every time I power the camera on. Really frustrated at this point. I love the camera, but the battery indicator basically doesn't work and I can't really use it like that forever.

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Looks like what I have, yes. The second one arrived on Friday...same message every time I power the camera on. Really frustrated at this point. I love the camera, but the battery indicator basically doesn't work and I can't really use it like that forever.
That's not right, you should always get the % indicator with the original batteries.

Return the camera and batteries and get a replacement. Alternatively write to Olympus. If the E-M1III is like the E-MII it will only display that message briefly on low end clone batteries that don't communicate with the camera.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom