Olympus August sale - why not in Canada?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by m43man, Aug 16, 2013.

1. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Recently Olympus US has launched whole bunch of sales on cameras, lenses and accessories via B&H, Amazon and others. I've been waiting for Olympus Canada to match similar sales but they haven't done so for a couple of weeks now. Amazon even steps up to offer additional 4% discount credit on top!

Since the sales are ending tomorrow, just wondering if anyone who has been following Olympus Canada pricing more closely knows if they usually match these US sales at all? I am really tempted to buy from Amazon because I save up to $150 on some lenses!

2. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    Olympus has a worldwide waranty so buy from the US if you want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

3. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Yes, aware of the International Warranty so it's very tempting to buy it before the sales are over, but just wondering if the Canadian border guard is going to reprimand me for taking something so expensive across the border when I pick it up from one of those border mailboxes?

Does anyone have experience bringing photography equipment from US to Canada?

4. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    Olympus Canada offers discount too, however, it is different from their US sale. I always receive email regarding their monthly deals, usually giving a $50 - $100 discount on lenses. The most recent sale that they have expired on Aug. 08. Here is the current sale they have on the website: Olympus Canada

5. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
  6. Eubios

Eubios Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 24, 2012
    Toronto
    Carlo
  7. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Thanks for the link to Olympus Canada sales, but it's just not comparable to what is being offered on Olympus US site and on major sites like Amazon, B&H etc. Only two lenses are on sale here, seriously? :smile:

8. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Searching on Amazon, there seems to be two types of dealers, one is Authorized Dealer and the other is Premier dealer. Would Olympus honor warranty for both sources?

9. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    Most of the lenses discount expired last Aug.8... don't worry, they post deals and savings promo monthly. Just visit the website often or subscribe to their newsletter.