Olympus 9-18mm with Filters

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RickBowden, Mar 10, 2016.

1. RickBowden

RickBowden Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2016
    Richard Bowden
    I've been looking for an ultra wide lens but I want to use grad filters.
    The Olympus 7-14mm looks nice but I will require me to go back to the Lee 100mm system to get the holder to fit it so I was looking at the 9-18mm instead.
    I'm currently using Lee Seven5 filters and was wondering is anyone has used the Olympus 9-18mm with Lee Seven5 and if they had any issues with it?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Works a treat. I'll try to find some examples.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. zippo88

zippo88 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2013
    I'm curious about this as well. I own the seven5 filter system and the FT Zuiko 9-18; I noticed that I would be using the largest diameter adapter ring (72mm)available for the seven5 system.

If I were to attach the filter holder to this lens does it cause any issues?

Does anyone have image samples to showcase its performance? Especially interested in the wide end with ND Filter attached.

4. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    I would wait for the Panaleica 8-18 that's supposedly coming out this summer. 67mm filter thread, faster and most likely sharper than the Oly 9-18. Might get pretty expensive though.

5. zippo88

zippo88 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2013
    Im scared of what that price tag will be.

6. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    I am too. But panasonic usually prices things slightly more bearable than Olympus does. It will definitely be more than 1000€ though.

7. BleedingGumsMurphy

BleedingGumsMurphy New to Mu-43

Sunday
    It is rumoured to be around $1,500. Leica want their cut too. If it is a good lens and can take filters it should still sell. I have already pretty much decided to get it instead of a GH5. Might just wait a couple of months until Black Friday or Christmas in case Panasonic have a sale or cashback offer.

8. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I have one for sale if you're interested! Where are you located?

9. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    There's no way a variable aperture zoom will cost more than the Olympus' constant aperture 7-14 f/2.8 PRO.