Showcase Olympus 9-18mm f/4-5.6

Vivalo

Olympus loser
Olympus should make mk 2 versions of 9-18mm and 17mm 2.8 with better aesthetics and ZERO coatings, add a lens pouch, lens hood and premium looking box and they would sell them like crazy!

Giiba

Something to someone somewhere
Olympus should make mk 2 versions of 9-18mm and 17mm 2.8 with better aesthetics and ZERO coatings, add a lens pouch, lens hood and premium looking box and they would sell them like crazy!
I did some flip flopping myself but the other way to yourself. I bought a P8-18 and decided it was too big, bought a O9-18, found the lack of weather sealing limiting, decided to try a 12-40 and have decided it's just not wide enough, and now I'm waiting on delivery of another 8-18 that I found for $800 new (with warranty!) as it has the weather resistance I seem to always need.

Basically, now that I've spent the coin I'm sure Olympus will announce a mk2 of the 9-18 with weather sealing on the 24th.

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I did some flip flopping myself but the other way to yourself. I bought a P8-18 and decided it was too big, bought a O9-18, found the lack of weather sealing limiting, decided to try a 12-40 and have decided it's just not wide enough, and now I'm waiting on delivery of another 8-18 that I found for $800 new (with warranty!) as it has the weather resistance I seem to always need.

Basically, now that I've spent the coin I'm sure Olympus will announce a mk2 of the 9-18 with weather sealing on the 24th.
Amongst the rumours of the 150-400, there is also rumour of a new wide angle zoom... has not been much mention of it though. I'm really interested to see what/if they'll announce anything with the em1x

Vivalo

Olympus loser
9mm f/2.8 or 3.5 rectilinear with electronic contacts and AF would be sweet.

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
E-PM1 & 9-18 - cat was surveying the ground looking for morning mice

Last edited:

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
Sold my Panny 8-18 to buy the Olly 9-18 attempting to reduce size and weight and realise a bit more cash. First outing and I'm pleased. Managed to buy an Olly 75-300 and 45mm 1.8 with cash to spare..........3 lenses for the price of one! :2thumbs:

Waiting For The Mullet by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr
Waiting For The Mullet (2) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr
Waiting For The Mullet (1) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr
Mullet by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Longleat House.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom