1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus 8mm f1.8 Fisheye Firmware?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Angus Gibbins, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Angus Gibbins

Angus Gibbins Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    Can someone do me a massive favour for which I'll be eternally grateful for?

Can you check your Olympus 8mm f1.8 Fisheye in Olympus Digital Camera Updater and tell me if this is the result you get?

I bought one on sale from a reputable Australian camera store, and it came with a Lumix rear lens cap. I'm trying to work out if I've bought an ex demo unit (that's ok) or a grey import (not ok).

Does anyone know if worse comes to worst if PayPal will cover this if I have any issues? There's no mention of grey import on their website and they are supposedly a reputable dealer.

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 4.24.44 PM.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  2. mico1964

mico1964 New to Mu-43

May 12, 2012
    Italy
    Michael
    Here is the result I get with my 8mm f/1.8 fisheye (bought from an italian olympus authorized dealer). I think your lens is fine.

Cattura.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    I would ask the camera store first before posting the question on a forum..

4. Angus Gibbins

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    That's exactly what I was after. Thank you. I have a feeling it's fine too.

Why? I haven't accused or said anything inflammatory about the store that sold it to me, and by posting and getting a reply here I've almost ascertained that there's nothing wrong with my lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  5. Angus Gibbins

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    Just in case anyone stumbles across this in the future: I called the store. Their explanation is it's likely they were checking/testing stock. They're also sending me out the correct lens cap! (I'm not too fussed about that TBH, but it's nice service)

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app