Showcase Olympus 8mm f/3.5 ZD

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by DoofClenas, Dec 3, 2013.

1. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I'm not seeing a thread with this lens...whoda thunk.

Shot with the E-M1 and MMF3 adaptor. Focus is quick and snappy.

PC020047-20131202-XL.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Very cool to hear about the focus speed. Thanks.

3. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    i'm considering of buying this lens for my E-PM1. Any thoughts on the size of the lens (with the adapter)?

Also, would the AF work with my camera?

4. edmsnap

edmsnap Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 20, 2011
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Right now, the ZD 8mm is listed at $699 while the Samyang 7.5mm is $199. Thought #1 would be that it just doesn't make sense to consider the ZD given the phenomenal quality of the Samyang. Thought #2 would be that the 8mm is a big lens while the 7.5 is tiny; so again, the 7.5 probably makes a lot more sense to put on a Pen-mini. Autofocus will work in the 8mm, but a fisheye has such depth of field that they really rarely need focussing - everything is typically in focus all the time.

5. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    You're right on all points: price, size and focus. The thing is, i was considering buying the lens for 200$ (guy needed quick cash). Anyway, i didn't react immediately and the lens is sold (no surprise). Moot point.

Thx for the reply, anyway...

6. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I can take a shot of what it would look like on my EPM2 if you would like, and do a focus test with it. Obviously it is larger than the 7.5, but this one is also weather sealed unlike the 7.5, so with the MMF3 and an OMD camera, you'd be set. Optically I know the 7.5 is great, but I'd be interested to see a study comparing the two, as the optics are pretty darn nice on this as well.

7. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Lens is still for sale at that price at B&H , under the bower or rokonkin name i think.

8. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Oly 8mm was for 200$ (great deal), but yeah i was late. I am looking at the bower on b&h, still trying to reason with myself that it's just GAS ;)

9. LivingLoud

LivingLoud Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 8, 2013
    Moscow
    Maxim Guselnikov
    Outstanding lens - It can handle even portraits. )))
    o70bd5.

• Like Like x 2