Showcase Olympus 75mm f/1.8

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sdb123

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Whilst out for a family lunch today, I took this shot of my son Charlie pretending to shoot me...

ManofKent

Hopefully still learning
Real Name
Richard
I found a used copy from Japan at a price I could warrant and it arrived Saturday. Overall I'm very impressed. Slightly closer focus and making it 90 rather than 75 would have made it perfect. I can't fault the performance wide open:

Apparently you can even stop it down :)

Now a 150 2.8 that performed as well would be on my drool list...

Speedliner

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rob
I found a used copy from Japan at a price I could warrant and it arrived Saturday. Overall I'm very impressed. Slightly closer focus and making it 90 rather than 75 would have made it perfect. I can't fault the performance wide open:

View attachment 93138

View attachment 93139

Apparently you can even stop it down :)

Now a 150 2.8 that performed as well would be on my drool list...
I've watched reviews of the 40-150 pro that said it rivals the 75 for sharpness.

ManofKent

Hopefully still learning
Real Name
Richard
I've watched reviews of the 40-150 pro that said it rivals the 75 for sharpness.
I'm not much of a zoom user (my formative years with photography were when zooms were very much 2nd rate and even though I know today's frequently meet primes I've got used to primes). The shots I've seen of the fast zooms from both Olympus and Panasonic look excellent, but I like that 1.8 aperture.

Real Name
Tom Remisoski

cyrax83

Mu-43 Regular
This is a terrible shot but I couldn't contain my excitement. Just picked up a second hand 75mm 1.8 with the official lens hood, Hoya UV Filter, a Hoya Pro 1D CPL Filter and Inca Variable ND Filter for a great price. Unsure where I'd use the ND filter or CPL filter on the 75mm, but coming from the 45mm - wow the bokeh!
I always found with the 45mm I did have to get too close to my subjects, so going to sell that and keep this bad boy of a lens. Very excited!

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom