1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus 75mm 1.8 as mid-telephoto

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by xdayv, Jul 10, 2012.

1. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    I'm not really a telephoto guy... my longest lens on FF is a 200mm. I'm eyeing on this lens to fill up the long end, since I use my M43 mainly for travel and street photography... I would love to add this. :biggrin:

Anybody share similar thoughts?

2. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I do fancy trying this actually despite the price!

3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    It's certainly on my shortlist - slightly longer than my 135L on Canon FF, which is my favorite portrait lens bar none. I only really shoot tele when wildlife enters the picture. If it lives up to the promise, I'll likely drop the 45/1.8, which is a focal length I don't really gel with quite as well as a prime.

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I'm thinking the difference between 135mm and 150mm EFL shouldn't be too significant so if you're used to the Canon 135, the Olympus 75/1.8 is a natural alternative.

DH

5. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I've been waiting patiently for this to come out... It's been out in Japan since the 6th... just waiting for that shipment to arrive at B&H any day now....

Although I prefer a 50mm field of view, I've been going more and more to the oly 45mm, and have been longing for something with more reach- and this is totally the lens to do that.

6. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Agreed. I've got my pre-order in at B&H too, and keep waiting for stock to arrive.

7. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Starting to see some stock in the UK, although Amazon UK are saying 31st July, I was hoping to get my next lens from them as I've got some vouchers but other dedicated Photo stores already have it... decisions decisions!

8. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    All the more I like to get one... I think it will fit in perfectly to my current kit, exciting days ahead! :biggrin: