Olympus 75 owners question?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mkee, Jan 30, 2013.

1. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Could someone post an image of the bag their lens came in inside the box? I was reading the olympus thread about adorama and had been worried about the bag my lens was in inside the box. It just was a clear plastic one where every other lens I have bought was the softer white felt style.

I also feel like my low light focusing is slow but i'm not sure since this is my first longer focal length prime. It seems much slower then my 17 and my 12-35 in low light and seems to hunt a bit. Is this normal?
  2. OM Dude

OM Dude Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 30, 2012
    Ku'u home o Honolulu
    Do you mean like the white bag the Panasonic lenses come in? my Olympus 75mm came in a clear plastic bag. As for the hunting, I've only used the 75mm outside, where the AF is fast and accurate. I tried to use it indoors for Bball and volleyball once but it was too long.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. harry_s

harry_s Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Just a clear plastic bag, comfortably the most 'minimalist' (read: cheap) effort for a lens I've ever seen. Even the Samyang 7.5 comes with a soft case.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    An Olympus Clear Plastic Bag

My Olympus 75mm shipped from Olympus USA was in a clear plastic bag about 9" x 5"
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Haha, I thought my lens was missing some packaging when it arrived. Yes, mine only came with a plastic bag!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    And yet another plastic bag here too. In fact it looked suspiciously like the clear plastic bags that all of my other Olympus lens purchases have come in.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. robert829

robert829 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    Los Angeles California
    HI i just got my 75mm 2days ago and yes its in the plastic bag..(good thing saved my nikon lens pouches)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    But the carton in the box is designed real good to protect the lens compared to my other Olympus purchases. It was similar to the 75-300 packaging.

It doesn't hunt for me indoors. AF is as fast if not faster than the 25/1.4, about the same as the 45/1.8 and 17/1.8. Turn up the ISO if it's an issue and you should be ok. The OM-D + 75 combo can give you a very clean image at ISO 3200 without breaking a sweat (still very sharp even after applying noise reduction)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. HelenOster

HelenOster Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2010
    New York, NY
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Mine hunts a little bit in low light if subject has low contrast.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Ok thanks guys! I was just getting freaked hehe. Sounds like its normal packaging.

As for the focusing it was mostly in night setting I was messing with shooting the moon and some shots down at the beach, so I guess it might of just even the situation. Ill do some more testing to compare.