Review Olympus 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II

• Thread starter Deleted member 20897
  • Start date
My own (very amateur) tests informed me that the bare lenses were probably within sample variation of each other.

I have long thought that my copy of the EC-14 is outside of what one would expect from normal sample variation.

You have done excellent comparisons - I had already read them. Mine lack controls of any meaningful description. They merely convinced me that the 75-300 II can produce very good images if used with good attention to technique.

My 50-200 MkI is now too heavy for me to use comfortably, or carry any appreciable distance.

Darmok N Jalad

Shaka, when the shutter fell
Real Name
Randy
I agree, the 75-300ii is very capable in the right conditions. You can get some really good medium -short range results with both it and the P100-300ii, and both are relatively light for their reach.

S-Osolin

Mu-43 Regular
II has olympus zero coating compared to first version of this lens, If I'm not mistaken. I wonder if it's that that makes it better at macro. I've extensively used it and 40-150 with raynox 250 and extension tubes. Sharpness wise, they do pretty much the same. They lack corner sharpness, but have good centres. Both are pretty good in this regard for adapted macro, but while 40-150 will struggle in sharp daylight and often exhibit chromatic aberrations, 75-300 will go above that and be a quality performer all the time.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom